Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Dalton26 said:

If they're being the go between they could be getting names of assistants BD is interested in and reaching out for him.

Yeah.  BD claims deniability and Parker contacts his list of possible assistant and finalizes their deals.

8 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

What deals have they completed?

quote form Iowa States AD

Many people think you hire search firms to identify [coaching] candidates. That’s not how it happens – at least not at Iowa State. I’m not doing my job if I don’t know who the candidates are. What we hired Parker Executive Search for, is to help us strategize and execute our plan. Daniel and Dan allowed us to be in a position to get the person that we wanted to get.”

edIt: also found an article stating the firms ""

• Receiving a signed statement from candidates confirming information and affirming that nothing else need be disclosed

• Negotiating a contract on behalf of the university

• Receiving signed terms of an agreement from the coaching candidate and all parties before the introductory news conference

Edited by ViaSwiss
add

What deals have they completed?

The Iowa State deal is most prominent basketball. Oregon football a couple years ago. Nothing that has worked out great, but the way I understood is they average less than two weeks on their hires due to being more of a facilitator than an actual search committee.

Edit: Looks like they could be as much for confidentiality than anything. Glass being a lawyer can negotiate a contract. But I doubt they are going into this looking for a coach. They may be lining up the logistics. But Glass seemed to have wanted to have control of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Donovan to IU. It's what everyone is hearing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Having Hutch say he's hearing it too... That makes it a bit more real! Not that I don't believe the posters here, they've proven themselves, but when Hutch starts tweeting about it... I'm excited!

19 minutes ago, ViaSwiss said:

quote form Iowa States AD

Many people think you hire search firms to identify [coaching] candidates. That’s not how it happens – at least not at Iowa State. I’m not doing my job if I don’t know who the candidates are. What we hired Parker Executive Search for, is to help us strategize and execute our plan. Daniel and Dan allowed us to be in a position to get the person that we wanted to get.”

edIt: also found an article stating the firms ""

• Receiving a signed statement from candidates confirming information and affirming that nothing else need be disclosed

• Negotiating a contract on behalf of the university

• Receiving signed terms of an agreement from the coaching candidate and all parties before the introductory news conference

from 

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/3/7326131/football-coach-hiring-firms-third-party-search

I have a co-worker who is a big Purdue fan...most immature guy I know. I saw on my Facebook news feed that he posted "Purdue is in the sweet sixteen and IU doesn't even have a coach. All is well in Indiana."....ugggh, I really want this to happen with Billy D. I told him that it was looking like we were gonna get Billy at work and he of course just laughed in my face and said I "must be smoking something." He is the most immature cocky human being I have ever encountered in person in my life...not just about Purdue. Anyways, I would love to know this Billy D thing is for sure happening so I can bet him an amount of money or something and then be able to rub it in his face!