Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Didn't he also say Crean to NC State though?

Not sure on that actually, just remember the Billy D part and Crean being out

If this is the case (and I'm sure Bozich would not report it otherwise) doesn't this throw cold water on Donovan at least for now (doesn't mean it won't happen)? If Donovan were a done deal why would IU be hiring a search firm? I don't want to hear it's because we want it to make it appear like a legitimate search. No AD would throw away 10's of thousands of dollars on a search firm if Donovan hire were already in place. We may still get him but this seems to indicate to me this is anything but a done deal.

247 thread said it was about letting communication happen without doing it directly while Billy is still with OKC.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

If this is the case (and I'm sure Bozich would not report it otherwise) doesn't this throw cold water on Donovan at least for now (doesn't mean it won't happen)? If Donovan were a done deal why would IU be hiring a search firm? I don't want to hear it's because we want it to make it appear like a legitimate search. No AD would throw away 10's of thousands of dollars on a search firm if Donovan hire were already in place. We may still get him but this seems to indicate to me this is anything but a done deal.

What 0708 is saying on 24/7 is its probably 2 reasons. 1. official dealings with Donovan going forward 2. make sure their is a plan b and c if Donovan backed out.

1 minute ago, ccgeneral said:

A search firm with 0 following on twitter?

@rickbozich: Word is #IU has settled on @parkersearch in pursuit of new basketball coach. AD Fred Glass said search firm involvement was possible.

It's a search firm that has Notre Dame, NC State, Florida and others as clients.

Didn't Missouri hire a search firm, and then like 1 day later hire Cuonzo Martin?

I know absolutely nothing, but I wouldn't read much into this in regards to any Donovan rumors.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Most people are saying it's fluid.

I found their site last night.  Search firms do more than just help locate candidates.  They can also be used to execute a strategy and maintain confidentiality and close the deal.  It could also be that they're being used to find backup plans.

So if the people saying Donovan is coming are right, we could be using Parker Search to formalize and finalize the deal as opposed to verbal agreements.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Most people are saying it's fluid.

I found their site last night.  Search firms do more than just help locate candidates.  They can also be used to execute a strategy and maintain confidentiality and close the deal.  It could also be that they're being used to find backup plans.

So if the people saying Donovan is coming are right, we could be using Parker Search to formalize and finalize the deal as opposed to verbal agreements.

I think they use them as basically a third party to write the contract so neither Indiana or Donovan's reps are writing it.

Just now, brandct said:

I think they use them as basically a third party to write the contract so neither Indiana or Donovan's reps are writing it.

That would be formalizing and finalizing the deal, along with confidentiality.

It provides deniability on both sides while the suits write up a contract.

1 minute ago, MisterBigRig said:

Even if Billy Donovan has a verbal contract in place with Indiana University, Fred Glass must have a secondary plan ready to go. A 2007 Orlando Magic situation happening to us this April or May would not be good.

Donovan, Magic work out end of fleeting relationship

If I was Glass I'd have plan B and plan C, and if he's as smart as people say I guarantee he does.

If I had a verbal agreement with Donovan, I'd definitely consider using someone like Parker Search in a multi-purpose capacity.  They formalize a contract with Donovan and interview backup plans, and at the same time they can act as a smoke screen.