Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, iufaninillinois said:

It all looks good, but I believe if the deal fell through, some of you will be in for a huge letdown. As I said before, I'll believe it when I see it

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I'm in the "believe it when I see it camp".  That happens?  The giant may finally wake up.

And I'll have to change my avatar.

21 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

It's not guaranteed, but most programs will grant your release in the event of a coaching change. If they do you do not have to sit out a year.

I believe this is only new LOI signers. If you actually played, you have to sit out a year unless you can proove it's a family need. In other words you can't transfer just because a coaching change and play right away.

Edited by HoosierRich

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

Davis staying makes me believe he knows Donovan is coming. No way he would say that without having some idea. I cannot wait until this is announced officially

Correct. It's no coincidence Davis says he's staying the same day the AD is meeting with the team. The players already know but Glass is gonna tell them for sure today

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Correct. It's no coincidence Davis says he's staying the same day the AD is meeting with the team. The players already know but Glass is gonna tell them for sure today

Yup. Turns out Joe Belden might've known something all along :)

That's only true for incoming freshmen that haven't played yet. Davis would have to sit out a year if he left IU no matter what, unless he went to JUCO.

Hmm always thought the school could let current players go and there wasn't a penalty. Oh well the more you know.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

What does this mean?

Was a player on the football team. He tweeted a few weeks ago that Crean was out and we were getting Billy D

Hmm always thought the school could let current players go and there wasn't a penalty. Oh well the more you know.

I believe there were a couple very specific exceptions up until a year or two ago, but the NCAA nixed all of those recently. Only grad transfers can be immediately elligible.

3 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

IMG_3100.PNG

"In May 2006, two months after basketball coach Kelvin Sampson was hired at Indiana with Parker's help, the NCAA penalized Sampson for recruiting violations at his previous job at Oklahoma."

Didn't work out to well for us last time....

1 minute ago, brandct said:

"In May 2006, two months after basketball coach Kelvin Sampson was hired at Indiana with Parker's help, the NCAA penalized Sampson for recruiting violations at his previous job at Oklahoma."

Didn't work out to well for us last time....

Ut oh 

1 minute ago, Chris Nieman said:

IMG_3100.PNG

If this is the case (and I'm sure Bozich would not report it otherwise) doesn't this throw cold water on Donovan at least for now (doesn't mean it won't happen)? If Donovan were a done deal why would IU be hiring a search firm? I don't want to hear it's because we want it to make it appear like a legitimate search. No AD would throw away 10's of thousands of dollars on a search firm if Donovan hire were already in place. We may still get him but this seems to indicate to me this is anything but a done deal.