Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Defended Pierre Pierce adamantly and his close friend and priest conveniently met with the victim. Answer honestly, are you comfortable with that kind of person coaching at Indiana? If so, we have nothing further to discuss. I don't understand how many here can get so indignant about other programs not doing things the "right way", and then in the same breath call Alford as the savior of the program.

Did you read the report issued by the president of UI? The one that explicitly stated an individual with connections to Alford met with the victim to discuss her decision on whether or not to press charges? I suggest you do some more research.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Old Friend, do you have a response to this? I'm very curious how this fits at Indiana.

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

We need a proven winner that also has ties to Indiana - that's the ideal candidate - you're absolutely right. 

Problem is, Brad Stevens is the only real guy that fits that mold and like you said, he's not coming. So, you move on to your second option and Billy Donovan is looking pretty damn good to me. Proven winner, back-to-back national championships. I mean, would you really not be happy with a BD hire? 

I'm honestly not trying to "attack" you rather just curious - who do you want IU to go after? 

I said last week, and I know this sounds like a cop out, that I don't follow things closely enough to know.  I don't have an answer for who I want.  I have a few for who I don't think fit, and Donovan's on that list.  Nothing against him in particular, but I don't think he fits what we need.  I need Fred Glass to know.    I would support Donovan like I supported Crean initially.  Crean very quickly proved he wasn't the right fit (in my opinion); so that support waned.  

Really wish there was video online somewhere of Michael Lewis throwing the in bounds pass off the Iowa guy's face lmao.  I was 9 years old at the time when that happened and it's one of my first vivid memories of Indiana basketball. Funny story, I had a nerf goal in my house and I was playing with my mom and I yelled "I'M MICHAEL LEWIS!" and threw the ball right at her face from point blank range lmao. It didn't end well for me, but my dad thought it was hilarious. 

He was a little bulldog.Loved that kid.

I think you have to go with Donovan but culture is important as are academics and avoiding the UK way. This article does not give a complete picture of BDs' program culture but it was something that sounded encouraging.

http://floridagators.com/news/2015/1/10/29487.aspx

Sounds effing perfect to me

18 hours ago, 716e11th said:

Can IU realistically wait for donvan's season to end? If OKC makes say the 2nd round, that's into May right?

The roster is over the scholarship limit - that needs to be dealt with.

Don't want too many recruits or current players to jump ship bc then ur talking a longer rebuild.

I believe if the playoffs started right now OKC would be up against GS or SA. I don't see the second round happening. And they ain't replacing Durant in the off-season. That's one reason I really think he is a legitimate candidate. OKC is not now what they were when he took the job and more than likely never Will be. 

Under FCTC, we had extended offers to over a dozen class of '18 kids and still have some '17 offers on the table, in particular one to Mark Smith.  When there is a coaching change, are those offers still on the table?   Is the next coach hamstrung knowing that those offers are out there so that if a kid hears that BD is the new coach (just for example purposes) he quickly says I'll come even though it may not be a kid that the new coach has any interest in and really doesn't want?  I know that's an extreme example, but what does happen with all of those previously extended offers?

I think his resume is everything. I see talented teams stumbling in the sweet sixteen. Maybe he makes a run this year and proves me wrong.

I really think that this years tournament will be his most important coaching job to date. He will have to go a long way with the talent that he has to have a chance at this job.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

He was a little bulldog.Loved that kid.

Agree Woodson--Michael Lewis was one tough competitor. He grew up in Jasper down here on the south side of the state and made us southerners proud by becoming IU's all time assist leader until Yogi broke that record last year. Man--we sure could have used a fiery redhead like Lewis who was willing to lead and get in people's faces the last couple of years! If he and Fife were on the staff I pity the player who wouldn't give full effort on defense. Lewis is one to watch for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, sirhoosierlot said:

I think we really need to move past the romantic idea of a "fit" at Indiana.  To me a fit is somebody that can A) Win and B) that's pretty much it.  To compete today, we have to modernize. 

To me you go for the proven winner, the fit can get tossed out the window for all I care, trying to get the fit will hamstring the coaching search.  Winners needed in order to change the mediocrity we've become.

Take the top five coaches that you can come up with then eliminate them. With Glass as AD, there is little chance of a good pick. He is of the belief that we need top ATHLETES, not players that can exhibit some team work, stay out of trouble, etc...,  As we've seen, any decent coach can put together a decent season or two based on athletes, but Until we get back to expecting excellence on AND off the court, things will never return to greatness with any longevity attached to it. 

Better to get a transition coach to change the culture first(I.e. Kieth Smart) and rebuild the right way.