Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Honestly we probably dont hear much other than candidates for at least a few days. I prefer it that way as well cause that means we didnt just jump into it. If it is Billy D then I will gladly take him right away but if he wants to wait till OKC season is over, then I will gladly wait.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Can IU realistically wait for donvan's season to end? If OKC makes say the 2nd round, that's into May right?

The roster is over the scholarship limit - that needs to be dealt with.

Don't want too many recruits or current players to jump ship bc then ur talking a longer rebuild.

My list
1a. Stevens
1b. Donovan
2. Marshall/Archie
4. Bennett/Sean

Want Donovan with all my heart.
My mind expects Archie or Gregg, and I will view our future with optimism with the hire of either.
If Bennett or Sean makes a final four/championship run this year, it would probably sway me to want one of them more than Archie or Gregg.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

What IU needs is a coach that takes them to the next level hence the reason why Crean is gone and many of the names mentioned are just not up to par IMO. 

For example Marshall is horrible route to go, IMO.  He's not a step up from Crean, infact he's more or less Crean 9 years ago. 

I'm just not sold on Archie to anything more than Crean.

Bennett would IMO be a better hire than those two above though I'm not a fan of his style but he would make a good coach but I don't think he takes the program to the next level.

It's obvious that the Stevens and Donovan are the the walk-off grand slam hires.  

But if the Hoosier are going to ever get back there true elite status they need to make the commitment and be spend what needs to be spent and making changes where they can to attract elite talent and they've shown some of that with IU having the largest recruiting budget even though they didn't get the results for the money spent.  The point is if IU needs to have the highest paid coach then so be it and make it happen if thats what needed to get an elite coach.   Because not only will that contract pay for it's self if IU gets back that elite status but that there is going rush on elite coaches here soon with some of these coaches getting closer and closer to retirement.

Stevens, Donovan, Bennett, Archie only calls he should make that are serious. Call Alford and Fife along with Wittman and Woodson offer any of them assistant head coach jobs. Donovan and Alford together would be an absolute dream. Even if it only lasted a few years lol. With that said I will fully endorse Fred Glass for President of the United States if he brings Billy Donovan here.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

Think we will have a wait here gang so don't get to crazy and let's give it some time!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

if it's a college guy we'll probably have to wait until Final Four's over around April 1-3; if it's an NBA guy, probably have to wait even longer-1st round would end somewhere around April 23rd.

6 hours ago, Treesh said:

First calls: Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan

Offer them 9/10 million a year plus stupid bonuses.

Second Calls: Holtmann, White, Miller, Bennett, Collins

Third Calls : Tom Crean or Dane Fife.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Absolutely. But please steer clear of Alford.

They had someone on Mike & Mike this am talking about Alford to IU.  I wanted to drive my car into a tree.  Why do they assume IU fans want him.  I know some do but they are probably nothing more than casual observers and think it would be "neat".  

8 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

Absolutely. But please steer clear of Alford.

They had someone on Mike & Mike this am talking about Alford to IU.  I wanted to drive my car into a tree.  Why do they assume IU fans want him.  I know some do but they are probably nothing more than casual observers and think it would be "neat".  

Most of the talking heads mention Alford but hardly ever mention Donovan. Probably a good thing.