Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naismith

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO NORTH CAROLINA'S NCAA VIOLATIONS???

The NCAA feels sorry for our state since we initiated that stupid HB2 law, and until that is changed, refuses to address anything the local universities do to try to obtain a competitive advantage.

Where's the public outcry on this unreal and on another note nothing being said on Kansas and Josh Jackson either and it won't be addressed until after the tournament that is if Bill Self decides to do anything about it.

Edited by OliviaPope40

Last I read, they dropped the charges against the football and basketball team and planned to make the other sports take the brunt of the punishments. Then they reinstated them against those sports on December 22. But I haven't heard a word about that during the tournament because ... don't speak ill of the team with money who is winning?

Look under the carpeting. The UNC investigation got swept under the rug just like the Duke investigation of old.  You admit wrongdoing and you get hammered (See IU). You deny--deny--deny and delay--delay--delay and you get away with it if you are a blueblood with a well-liked coach.  Some programs are virtually untouchable or "too big to fail".  Sad but true.

19 hours ago, Julie Sturgeon said:

Last I read, they dropped the charges against the football and basketball team and planned to make the other sports take the brunt of the punishments. Then they reinstated them against those sports on December 22. But I haven't heard a word about that during the tournament because ... don't speak ill of the team with money who is winning?

19 hours ago, Julie Sturgeon said:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-again-faces-ncaa-extra-benefits-charge-in-academic-case/16363327/

Based on the research I've been doing, the legal team representing UNC has been doing a really good job of stalling for as long as possible and in the meantime, the school has racked up legal bills totaling close to $6MM... But supposedly it's a matter of WHEN, not IF the hammer comes down on UNC. The real question will be, how severe will the sanctions be? Some independent investigators say the fraud includes over 100 student athletes and stretched back to the mid to late 90's. If so, UNC is looking at potentially vacating championships and Final Four appearances as well as recruiting, scholarship, and post season implications. At this point it's all a waiting game.  

44 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Based on the research I've been doing, the legal team representing UNC has been doing a really good job of stalling for as long as possible and in the meantime, the school has racked up legal bills totaling close to $6MM... But supposedly it's a matter of WHEN, not IF the hammer comes down on UNC. The real question will be, how severe will the sanctions be? Some independent investigators say the fraud includes over 100 student athletes and stretched back to the mid to late 90's. If so, UNC is looking at potentially vacating championships and Final Four appearances as well as recruiting, scholarship, and post season implications. At this point it's all a waiting game.  

UNC just missed the deadline to respond to the latest Notice of Allegations. I haven't seen any reasons given for not responding. They are definitely stalling. The Raleigh News Observer recently had an article about the situation and they ended the article stating that UNC is definitely going to get harsh penalties. They are the ones that broke the cheating scandal originally. 

Hope you are right. Would like be to see them get nailed. We all knew what the easy classes were in college but having fake classes and others take classes for you is a whole new level.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners