Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

A Quick Note about "Sources"

8 hours ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

I've always had 4 people I can trust on for information (1 on this board in Pap, and 3 outside of here that don't post on message boards.). Each source I put varying levels of credibility on. There are some that if they told me something, I could tweet it out as I know it's 100% happening. They don't spread fake stuff. That being said, They have been pretty quiet throughout this process and when they have told me certain things they ask me not to post it so I don't.

Since this search has begun, I've received 10-15 new "sources" who have shared information with me. The majority of these I don't ever share here as I don't have a history with them. Many times, these sources come from the same place.

Example:

Person A tells person B. (A is B's Source)

Person B tells person C, D, E, F (B is their source)

Person C tells person G. (C is their source)

Person F tells person G. (F is their source)

Person G now thinks this info has legs as they've heard it from 2 different sources. But it isn't from two sources. It's actually just from one.

Everybody likes to talk about their sources. It becomes the cool thing to do. I don't doubt that people hear the things they DM or text me, I 100% believe they heard them. The key is figuring out who it came from. If you get beyond first/second hand info.... it's like playing telephone and the message gets changed quite a bit.

Another big indicator is look for people who aren't constantly beating their own chest. People who are "thriving" off spilling the beans. There are quite a few names that people are hanging on their every word. If they were truly as connected as they say, they wouldn't be risking that source by posting it (and getting popular from it)

By all means, keep send me and posting what you are hearing, but realize just because a couple different people have heard things, doesn't mean it's all true. It's likely all coming from the same place.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Great post. A lot of person F and G "sources" floating around out there.