Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

First Tom Crean Interview Post-Indiana

Narcissistic, platitudes, generalities, denial, and fluff.   

Tom Crean

Declined to meet with Fred Glass.  A classless move.  

We didn't fail?  No?   In your last 4 seasons, 3 of them finished 7-11, 9-9, and 7-11 in the Big Ten.  At Indiana.  That's not failure?

He's complaining about a lack of graduate transfers?  WHAT!?

People aren't knocking down his door.  Maybe he'll go coach on the Bulls staff so he can coach Dwayne Wade again?

Totally normal for him to be bitter.  It would be odd not to be bitter.  I think you have to stretch to read this article and see him as a bad dude.  He just got fired--very publicly--and now his family is going through the transition.  If you can't be a little sympathetic to that then I have to wonder if you've had much life experience.

Of course, on the flip side, he did fail.  He's been paid, what, around $25 million to coach the Hoosiers?  This season was a total train wreck.  To keep him after this year would have been an acceptance by Hoosier Nation that we are ok with lower expectations.  Good on Glass for making this move.  

I just hope neither IU nor Crean get into a back and forth---let some time go by .... I hope Crean will not be like Knight. I hope he will be classy as I would love to see Crean come back to the Hall down the road and get a warm welcome.! IU made Crean a household name and made Crean quite wealthy. Crean restored respectability back to the program after the Sampson mess and won some Big titles but could not win consistently. Let's hope this ends up like a divorce in which the couple can still remain friends or at least on talking terms.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This guy is ridiculous. How in the holy hell can you expect a contract extension after one good year? You've got to show consistency and Glass learned his lesson from the first time. Crean did what was expected and that was to falter the year after a good season. I'm so glad this guy is not the coach anymore. Get someone in here that expects to win every single year

Maybe I read the wrong, but I don't see anything wrong with anything he's said. I've said FAR worse things about company's I've left lol

I think the board just didn't want to hear from him lol. Most everyone else outside of IU did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Kinda weird he didnt go talk to Glass in person.

It is, but I am sure Glass being his boss knew Crean was going on vacation and leaving then. I would probably say FU too if I was headed on a family vacation after that type of season and my boss wanted to fire me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have no doubt that recruiting is very dirty business these days. Locking down the state seems unrealistic to me, even playing in the gray area. Still, from a business perspective, CTC's job performance over time was not good enough.

1 hour ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Maybe I read the wrong, but I don't see anything wrong with anything he's said. I've said FAR worse things about company's I've left lol

Kind of feeds into the hatred it seemed some  people had of Tom Crean the man, not Tom Crean the coach