Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Well, IU has contracted with Parker Search to "help" with their coaching search.   This tells me a few things.  One, nothing is "done."  You don't hire a search firm if something is "done."  No Billy Donovan, no Brad Stevens, no anybody.  

Two, this is a mistake.  You do not need to do a national search.  If Glass doesn't already have a list, shame on him.  A national search got us Tom Crean.  We do not need Tom Crean.  We need the best basketball coach out there, and no search firm is going to do that.   They'll find a big name who will say yes and the criteria will be the same as they would be for anyone else because those things are objective.  Indiana is not and should never be just like anyone else.  Those "big names" change over time, and depending on when you have an opening, the available people will be different.  

I am disappointed beyond words that Indiana University needs to hire a search firm to find its next coach. The example I read touted Missouri's grabbing of Cuonzo Martin.  I'm just shaking my head.

They can be responsible for anything from background checks to contract negotiations etc.... Fred glass didn't hire a headhunter and he definitely say in the press conference he "may" retain them for a part of the process but he would be the driving force.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol relax. It's been discussed in other threads what this firm does.

And Glass didn't lie. He said there was still a possibility he hired a firm to help out.

What a little research, reading, and listening can do....

You don't need to read when you know everything

No problem.

Like noted, they are here to do the dirty work. Talking to the 3rd cousins of a player who played for so and so. Fred can't do it all. Sure it may mean we don't have anyone sold, but then again this is all just speculation. None of know if a search firm is actually occurring, only Glass does.

Glass knows this will define his career, perhaps his life. He's going to do his homework.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Not if it's Donovan. That Judas didn't grow up here.

Lol yeah a guy who has consistently won at the college level and has proven he can coach in the NBA doesn't mean anything. Not being from the Midwest is all that matters