Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

UK fans could not of been nicer and Dayton fans more arrogant (no joke)+thoughts on new coach

OK this sounds dirty but I was at the NCAA games in Indy last night and the UK fans could not of been nicer and more humble and Dayton fans more arrogant and rude from my experience. This may sound weird but that was my experience last night. Walking into the stadium a group of Dayton fans were obnoxiously chanting their fight song at UK fans and everyone in line at the top of their lungs. The UK fan in line with me and I had a laugh. Fast forward to my seats. The UK fans on my left and behind me were super nice and I had a great conversation with them throughout the game. They wished me luck and said they hope we find the right guy to bring IU back and that college basketball is better when IU is good. The Dayton fans on my right were fairly rude and did not want to talk much and one of them said we had no chance at Archie as the UK fans and I were talking about it. They also said to me that the A10 is a much better conference than the Big East (talk about delusional). Maybe I just bumped into the right bunch of UK fans and the wrong bunch of Dayton fans but that was so weird last night and what i experienced.    

Now after watching Dayton and Wichita St I would jump on either Archie Miller or Greg Marshall. Both teams are so well disciplined and play excellent defense and value every possession. The way both these teams play is exactly what IU is missing and what we have not been under Crean. After watching this game and seeing these teams play, either coach would be a great choice in my mind. Its just a shame the NCAA so vastly under seeded Wichita St and these teams had to play in the 1st round (something I mentioned to the Dayton fans who just smirked rudely).  

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

It's possible the Dayton fans were annoyed that you were trying to talk to them during the game? Some people don't like being talked to during games.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn't talk to them during live action. My attempt was before game and during halftime. I think they were just rude people.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

They also said to me that the A10 is a much better conference than the Big East (talk about delusional).

Dayton is the little brother to Xavier. Xavier went to the Big East, and Dayton fans (who are generally obnoxious) had their feelings hurt.

I work in downtown cincy and every UK fan I know is actually extremely knowledgeable and usually play bball themselves or did on some level. I'm never sure where this "idiot UK fan" actually came from other than message boards. I think your normal UK fan is more thought out than most IU fans would admit. U want to see an arrogant bunch... that would be Xavier fans. They somehow have decided they are an elite bball program. One the other day said he doesn't understand why Cronin would ever consider a lesser school like IU. He was dead serious too lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly this was my experience with U.K. fans every time I have been to tournament games they played in and weren't playing IU. When they beat UM, the UM fans were awful. I didn't have a bad experience with the U.K. fans. Funny story though a hot U.K. fan brought her infant with her and whipped her *** out in front of me and started breastfeeding. Let's just say she wasn't shy with herself. That was a first for me at a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Xavier fan here.  You have your bad apples at EVERY school.  We played in the same conference as Dayton for 30 years, and the last time they tasted victory at X was during the Carter Administration. 

You have no idea what a bunch of delusional, freak show, intellectual degenerates, back woods hill jacks, I live in my moms basement with my wife who happens to be my first cousin, and spend hours on end playing Warcraft, eating xl bags of skittles, bon bons and boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, pizza rolls and enormous vatsof Ben and Jerrys "Everything but the kitchen sink "flavor, while searching 24/7 for a single quote in the haystack that is the Internet to back up/make a case for their UDump Flyers to be offered an invite to the BE, or any other absurd argument they can latch onto that makes them feel relevant

Xavier fans/teams have had to scratch and claw for every little piece of respect we've earned on the national landscape.  We've reached the Sweet 16 seven times in the last 12 years, the only other programs matching that are all mostly the bluest of the blue bloods/I'm by NO means whatsoever claiming that status for X.  That Final Four is soooo damn elusive.  In 08 we played a UCLA team that started Kevin Love, Darren Collison, and Russsel Westbrook.  The differnce between dayton and x fans is we have earned a "place" (whatever that "place" is up for debate, where they won their first tournament game in 09, THIRTY  years since their last one.   

My point being is I would never come onto your board( and no X fan I know would ) and talk ****/or talk **** in a hotel about/to a schools fans that has a friggin movie named after it (ahhh "Hoosiers"....Hickory/ JImmy Chitwood aka Bobby Plump ....easily top 3 sports movie...along with the National Championships...and all the other accomplishments.   

My apologies for being  litlle jacked up right now after that somewhat bizarre drubbing we put on Fl State.  

Any news on the coaching search?  I have a sick feeling that Mack may be right there.  Tell me I'm wrong

Xavier fan here.  You have your bad apples at EVERY school.  We played in the same conference as Dayton for 30 years, and the last time they tasted victory at X was during the Carter Administration. 
You have no idea what a bunch of delusional, freak show, intellectual degenerates, back woods hill jacks, I live in my moms basement with my wife who happens to be my first cousin, and spend hours on end playing Warcraft, eating xl bags of skittles, bon bons and boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, pizza rolls and enormous vatsof Ben and Jerrys "Everything but the kitchen sink "flavor, while searching 24/7 for a single quote in the haystack that is the Internet to back up/make a case for their UDump Flyers to be offered an invite to the BE, or any other absurd argument they can latch onto that makes them feel relevant
Xavier fans/teams have had to scratch and claw for every little piece of respect we've earned on the national landscape.  We've reached the Sweet 16 seven times in the last 12 years, the only other programs matching that are all mostly the bluest of the blue bloods/I'm by NO means whatsoever claiming that status for X.  That Final Four is soooo damn elusive.  In 08 we played a UCLA team that started Kevin Love, Darren Collison, and Russsel Westbrook.  The differnce between dayton and x fans is we have earned a "place" (whatever that "place" is up for debate, where they won their first tournament game in 09, THIRTY  years since their last one.   
My point being is I would never come onto your board( and no X fan I know would ) and talk ****/or talk **** in a hotel about/to a schools fans that has a friggin movie named after it (ahhh "Hoosiers"....Hickory/ JImmy Chitwood aka Bobby Plump ....easily top 3 sports movie...along with the National Championships...and all the other accomplishments.   
My apologies for being  litlle jacked up right now after that somewhat bizarre drubbing we put on Fl State.  
Any news on the coaching search?  I have a sick feeling that Mack may be right there.  Tell me I'm wrong

Welcome and thanks for the post. Billy Donovan... and Steve Alford is to pacify/entertain the older crowd. He's a no go it seems and not many of us want him. Your casual IU fan seems to love the idea of Alford and IU but he has done nothing more than Crean. He could change some opinions in this tournament though.

I work in downtown cincy and every UK fan I know is actually extremely knowledgeable and usually play bball themselves or did on some level. I'm never sure where this "idiot UK fan" actually came from other than message boards. I think your normal UK fan is more thought out than most IU fans would admit. U want to see an arrogant bunch... that would be Xavier fans. They somehow have decided they are an elite bball program. One the other day said he doesn't understand why Cronin would ever consider a lesser school like IU. He was dead serious too lol

I think it's the further south you go, is when you run into some real characters. Like where I live in the Lake Cumberland in Southern KY! Down here I have met MAYBE just a handful of UK fans that I can tolerate and some knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You guys absolutely smacked FSU last night. I picked it, but didn't expect THAT.

I've enjoyed watching X become bigger the last few years. Sounds like you have more of an issue with UD (who I've also enjoyed watching. Big Archie fan) than Cincy, the more talked about rivalry.

You have no idea what a bunch of delusional, freak show, intellectual degenerates, back woods hill jacks, I live in my moms basement with my wife who happens to be my first cousin, and spend hours on end playing Warcraft, eating xl bags of skittles, bon bons and boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, pizza rolls and enormous vatsof Ben and Jerrys

Hold on I'm confused. Are you still talking about Dayton or did you transition to UK Fans here? They sound awfully similar.