Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Nick Baumgart‏ @Nick_Baumgart 

Hearing good words about Race Thompson and Al Durham. I didnt peg either to receive much time (Durham 10, Thompson 1) Told Race could see 10-12 minutes inside.

Which could mean:

McBob starts at the three

We start three guards

Hunter starts at the three

We get a “Clifton Moore miracle”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Anybody seen DeRon and how he’s progressing? Is he still in the dreaded boot?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's about 3 months post-op. I haven't seen any update but would be shocked if he is still in the boot. At this point, I'd guess he is riding a stationary bike and able to work out without doing any exercises that put added weight on the foot like jogging. Think he's still a few months away from that. 

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hearing good words about Race Thompson and Al Durham. I didnt peg either to receive much time (Durham 10, Thompson 1) Told Race could see 10-12 minutes inside.

He didn't expect a top 100 recruit in his second year to get PT?

Cool to hear this stuff. Eventually we will have a “cream to rise to the top” situation with the roster. I’ve been longing for that for a while. We’ve (recent) historically had terrible benches.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Anybody seen DeRon and how he’s progressing? Is he still in the dreaded boot?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He followed me on Instagram and I followed him back so there's my breaking news for this week. I'll be back next week with an update on what foods he most enjoys.

On 3/30/2017 at 5:16 PM, ap2345 said:

My prediction is history repeats itself in this aspect.

RMK: 6 years at Army

CAM: 6 years at Dayton

RMK: 1st recruiting class 7 (3 from Indiana) recruits highlighted by Buckner

CAM: 1st recruiting class 6 or 7 (3 from Indiana) recruits highlighted by Romeo

We lose JBJ, Johnson, Priller, Newkirk, McSwain, Hartman, and Bryant.

In state recruits we get are Romeo, Phinisee, and either Jallow or Anderson.

I posted this after CAM got the job back in March of last year. But I pretty much nailed it counting Thompson because he was always intended to be part of this class with Anderson, Phinisee, Forrester, Hunter, and hopefully from all indications Romeo. Hopefully history repeats itself by hanging 5 more banners too :92:

14 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Always said he has the physical tools. Just needed coaching and to put it all together. 

I wish he redshirted but I guess that was never an option.  I hope he's in the gym for hours a day this summer working on post moves and putting on muscle.

He won't be averaging 15 and 9 next year, but if he could at least be good for 8 and 5 per game while not being a liability on defense, that would be respectable.

27 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Purdue all lost their top players...that is great news for IU

Yes sir. We just have to have Juwan return!

4 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

IU can win the B1G next season with Romeo

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm telling you guys if Green can play like he did for that one stretch and we can get a big who can just play solid defense we will be right there in the big ten. 

I think these are reasonable- if not likely. As mentioned above, most teams in the B1G look to take a step back. Who will be better? Wisconsin, maybe Iowa.....and IU ,assuming Romeo signs, Team defense picks up where they left off last year, we get Solid PG play (Green & Rob) and Interior offense and defense from whoever.