Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1: Green; Phinisee
2: Romeo; Durham; Damezi
3: Justin Smith; McBob, Jerome
4: Juwan Morgan; Race Thompson Clif Moore
5: DeRon Davis; Jake Forrester

I realize these aren’t hard set positions at all but I’m curious which 10 get the bulk minutes.

I really like Jerome Hunter and want to see him get some run.

Exciting times ahead if we get Romeo in the fold.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I realize these aren’t hard set positions at all but I’m curious which 10 get the bulk minutes.

Could see Thompson being our Primary 5 if Deron can't figure out his defensive role. 

It would be shocking but refreshing to see a year without transfers. That would speak highly of the players respect for Archie and that they are buying into his vision for IU Basketball. Experience is so important in basketball and it would be great if we didn’t have so much turnover year after year like we have done in the past....

Completely agree Wayne on the lineup. I think some forget how good De’Ron can be and I think Smith belongs in the 3 spot. Davis was playing terrific against duke before getting into foul trouble and we should have some nice backup options this year too. Another year of conditioning and work will really help.

Currently I see ten players in the rotation for next season. Who starts and who finishes is subject to evolving season-long processes, save for the guarantee that Juwan and Romeo will be locked in.

1. Morgan
  2. Langford (if we close the deal)
  3. Green
  4. McBob
  5. Smith
  6. Durham
  7. Hunter
  8. Phinisee
  9. Race
  10. Either Moore or Forrester

That's a top twenty group right there, I tells ya!

25 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Don't be sleeping on Clifton. In his very limited time he still showed the potential to be a rim protector. With Davis out likely, Moore is the tallest player we can put on the court. He could be that surprise guy.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using BtownBanners mobile app

Wait a minute Joe, is that optimism I hear????  We'll turn you into a sunshine pumper yet, lol

Here's really the key for the rotation next year assuming we get Romeo. 

Green. He's the key to an elite team. He's going to have so many open looks because of Romeo and Morgan. 

How does Green play consistently how he played from OSU to Iowa last year. 

If he can do that and we have just one other big ready to be a starter in Archie's system MY GOD we are golden. 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Here's really the key for the rotation next year assuming we get Romeo. 

Green. He's the key to an elite team. He's going to have so many open looks because of Romeo and Morgan. 

How does Green play consistently how he played from OSU to Iowa last year. 

If he can do that and we have just one other big ready to be a starter in Archie's system MY GOD we are golden. 

IF we end up getting Romeo, I think it well help Green because he won't have to do as much. Last year, he was the only guard who could really create a shot for himself and was our only true playmaker. Hopefully having others to rely on and be in a role where he can be more of a facilitator will be helpful.