Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If anyone cares ESPN has IU as "the next four out" on their way too early bracketology. Lunardi is awful anyway. 

Surely, all he can go by is known players, right? We're probably going to add 2 players that give us the chance to be a lot better than otherwise.

1 minute ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Surely, all he can go by is known players, right? We're probably going to add 2 players that give us the chance to be a lot better than otherwise.

Yeah I expect it to look a lot different next time. I'm just glad we have a coach who knows he HAS to win next year. Unfortunately for Crean I don't think getting a grad transfer was as popular in 2009-2011. Max was the first and only one we got. I know a lot of people don't like the grad transfer rule but I do. Let Mid Major players go to a power 5 for one year. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah I expect it to look a lot different next time. I'm just glad we have a coach who knows he HAS to win next year. Unfortunately for Crean I don't think getting a grad transfer was as popular in 2009-2011. Max was the first and only one we got. I know a lot of people don't like the grad transfer rule but I do. Let Mid Major players go to a power 5 for one year. 

I think Nick Z was also or he would have had to sit out a year.

Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere, I couldn't remember if I had seen it on here or not but I've been seeing/hearing a lot of talk about letting athletes with 3.0+ GPAs transfer and not have to sit out a year. Would be a very interesting rule change

26 minutes ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

Sorry if this was already posted elsewhere, I couldn't remember if I had seen it on here or not but I've been seeing/hearing a lot of talk about letting athletes with 3.0+ GPAs transfer and not have to sit out a year. Would be a very interesting rule change

Goodness it would be a mess.

30 minutes ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

The only good would be that UNC would start offering real classes in order to lower GPA's.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

The only good would be that UNC would start offering real classes in order to lower GPA's.

I doubt that. No one from UNC will want to transfer to a school where they have to take actual college courses.

Yeah, a Porter/Taylor or Porter/Romeo combo would be a nice addition.

Porter - Davis - Thompson
Morgan - Smith - Thompson
Smith - Hunter - McBob
Romeo/Taylor - McBob - Durham
Green - Phinisee

I don't really expect Davis, Thompson, Durham, or McBob to get big minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

FYI

Porter has never veered very far from home -- from George Mason to ODU. That doesn't necessarily mean anything -- just throwing this out there. Heck, for all we know, he might actually want to get far away from home for his final stop. But the Twerps certainly are close to home.