Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

25 minutes ago, IUsafety said:

Hearing UE's Ryan Taylor is all but gone at this point. He's waiting on Romeo Langfords decision.

#iubb of course in on the 6-6 grad transfer, but also hearing @BoilerBall has the shooter as a high priority, too.

So would Romeo coming make it more or less likely that Taylor comes? Romeo on the team would mean less shots obviously but would make the team more of a contender.

43 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

So would Romeo coming make it more or less likely that Taylor comes? Romeo on the team would mean less shots obviously but would make the team more of a contender.

I would think less likely since he is probably looking for a place with great opportunity. Purdue worries me in that regard.

It means that Ryan Taylor is looking to be the starting shooting guard at a power five school.

It also means that if Romeo Langford does not choose IU, Indiana becomes a very, very attractive destination for Ryan Taylor.

In fact, if Romeo does not choose IU, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that a Ryan Taylor commitment would follow soon thereafter. And that’s a pretty outstanding alternative outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Damn, it's good news for us but I also don't want Purdue to get Ryan Taylor either.  If they end up with him they could be pretty good next year with him and Boudreaux.  Dang it I want them to take a step back.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Nick Baumgartner followed up that tweet with “or it means he wants to play with Romeo...”

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Maybe, but I wouldn't think so. Taylor will play half of next at 24 yrs old. Went to a prep school. Had to play his way up the ladder from mid-major to high major. Is now used to an insanely high usage rate. Doesn't sound like the resume for someone who is looking to be the 2nd option to a 19 year old MCDAA. But if he is, man would that be cool.

Has anyone seen Taylor play much? His defensive plus/minus was the worst on an otherwise pretty good defensive team. Is he really that bad or is it a function of how he was used?

5 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Returning everyone would debatably be better than adding any one else outside of our current recruiting class. Continuity and player development is how Indiana is going to win if we aren’t going to pay for recruits.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Agreed. Plus with 4-6 new players will be good to have 7 players that already know the system. 

I still think Moore can be a big piece for us. If he wants it. 

Green can be great player as he showed in batches. Needs to be more consistent. 

Al could be a very solid piece even this year If not for sure his junior and senior year. 

Agreed. Plus with 4-6 new players will be good to have 7 players that already know the system. 
I still think Moore can be a big piece for us. If he wants it. 
Green can be great player as he showed in batches. Needs to be more consistent. 
Al could be a very solid piece even this year If not for sure his junior and senior year. 

Moore is so intriguing but has such a long way to go. I sure hope with him in the system for several years Archie can turn him into a player for us - will be nice to see a big develop under our coach for a change

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I just hope that Langford’s late decision date doesn’t affect us in Taylor’s recruitment. It’s possible that Taylor wants to commit before late April and Romeo commits elsewhere in late April...that’d be worse case scenario. 

4 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

I just hope that Langford’s late decision date doesn’t affect us in Taylor’s recruitment. It’s possible that Taylor wants to commit before late April and Romeo commits elsewhere in late April...that’d be worse case scenario. 

Highly doubt Langford would go elsewhere because Taylor committed here first.

Worst case scenario would be not getting either of them.

31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Highly doubt Langford would go elsewhere because Taylor committed here first.

Worst case scenario would be not getting either of them.

Yeah that’s what I meant. Taylor doesn’t want to wait and eliminates IU and commits elsewhere. Langford then chooses Vandy or Kansas. That would suck.

Of course I could be wrong, but I think he would rather be here without Langford. He would be option 1 at the position and could be a huge part of next year's team. With Langford, not so much. If Langford comes to IU, I wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere. I just hope it's not Purdue.