Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I like it a lot. Billed as a shooter that can create his own shot a little bit. We desperately need shooters and this guy could play at the 3 alongside Romeo. Let’s get him

Right. I don't get the "either/or" comments around the other boards and Twitterverse.

I wonder whether we'll have any interest in newly minted Pitt transfer Malik Ellison. Two years eligibility left; sat last year at Pitt after transferring there from St. Johns. Was pretty good at St. Johns his first two years - physical, strong 6'6" sg. Chose Pitt over UVA and Harvard, so he must be a very good student.

14 hours ago, rebelcc said:

"Evansville guard Ryan Taylor told ESPN he will explore other options and possibility of transferring. Led the Missouri Valley in scoring this season at 21.2. Immediately eligible as a grad transfer." Jeff Goodman

This is interesting. Obviously, could still bring Taylor in along with Romeo (hopefully) but sounds like a very, very solid consolation prize if Romeo goes herp derp on us. 

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Don't we only have one scholarship available right now? If we take the transfer, we'd have to oversign again for Romeo

No, losing 5 to graduation (Newkirk, Johnson, Hartman, Priller, McSwain) plus Jones open spot= 6. We have signed 4, so still have a couple, pending any additional defections. 

Any of you guys who watch some of the practices down in btown got a good feel for race's development? Do you think he is going to be a solid contributor from jump st in the coming year? Thats the ? I need answered going into this offseason. Somebody(s) plz help answer with what youve got. Thx much. He definitely looks the part from where I sit many miles away from bloomington.

14 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Any of you guys who watch some of the practices down in btown got a good feel for race's development? Do you think he is going to be a solid contributor from jump st in the coming year? Thats the ? I need answered going into this offseason. Somebody(s) plz help answer with what youve got. Thx much. He definitely looks the part from where I sit many miles away from bloomington.

I don't watch practices but from what I've heard from people, he's been doing a great job in practices and is expected to get solid minutes, but will likely not start, especially to begin his season. The coaching staff has been impressed with his work ethic and his physical ability and his improvement since he's stepped onto campus.

18 minutes ago, Ajwhitis said:

I don't watch practices but from what I've heard from people, he's been doing a great job in practices and is expected to get solid minutes, but will likely not start, especially to begin his season. The coaching staff has been impressed with his work ethic and his physical ability and his improvement since he's stepped onto campus.

Hey thx.

He looks strong like a Big Ten big. Looking forward to watching him play hopefully 4 years if that is good for him too.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Plenty of bigs that can contribute?

Davis and Morgan. Morgan can't be the lone "big" on a tourney team. He was fantastic for a big portion of the conference season. However, he can't defend the best bigs nor can he sustain that level of play over the course of a season. The wear and tear is too much for an undersized 5.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No it's not. Smith can play down low. Davis Hunter Forrester Thompson. Way more depth there then at guard