Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, yogisballin said:

Not saying you’re wrong and I’m right but what little I have seen of him (it’s been very little) he doesn’t look to be guarding the other teams “center/big man”. May very well be better off as a perimeter player. But again, I could be totally wrong here. Just doesn’t look like a center to me. Moves like a big 3 or 4

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Definitely a three or four on offense.

It's the 6'10", 230 with big game experience on defense that makes him potentially an excellent fit.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Definitely a three or four on offense.

It's the 6'10", 230 with big game experience on defense that makes him potentially an excellent fit.

I think it could also be that Archie and staff see something they can work with and develop over the summer.  

Another aspect of the interest might be to invert the offense a bit.  If Morgan can increase his accuracy from deep, along with a 6-10 grad transfer that can snipe from deep we could put Romeo in the post against smaller guards and let him go to work.  The biggest need right now is versatility.  We don't have a big on the roster that can step out and shoot it.

1 hour ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I think it could also be that Archie and staff see something they can work with and develop over the summer.  

I love rim protectors, so a 6'10"  kid with 28 blocks in over 100 games played doesn't exactly hit my sweet spot.But if Archie has a vision for him then bring him on.

45 minutes ago, Demo said:

I love rim protectors, so a 6'10"  kid with 28 blocks in over 100 games played doesn't exactly hit my sweet spot.But if Archie has a vision for him then bring him on.

I think we have that in Jake, although he'll be young.  Smith seems athletic enough he'll get some weak side blocks as well.  After the transformation of the defense last season I believe Archie will have us on track with some of these players.  I would love to have several rim protectors on the roster but we also need the kind that can hedge a ball screen and recover. 

Wichita State transfer Austin Reaves is now also considering Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan, per a source. Already visited Northern Iowa and Oklahoma.

-Per Jon Rothstein on Twitter

Wichita State transfer Austin Reaves is now also considering Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan, per a source. Already visited Northern Iowa and Oklahoma.

I posted this in the Fitzner thread also. Why are we still recruiting for 2018?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

-Per Jon Rothstein on Twitter @ 1:14 pm today

Interesting since we just filled our last scholarship...

50 minutes ago, akinnaird24 said:

A 6-foot-5 shooting guard from Newark, Ark., Reaves started 11 games this past season and averaged 8.1 points, 3.1 rebounds, and 2.0 assists, while shooting 42.5 percent on three-pointers. He set a school record by making seven consecutive three-pointers in the first half against Tulsa in a 90-71 win on Jan. 29.

On-court/off-court splits showed WSU was at its best (0.18 points per possession better than its opponent) when Reaves was on the floor, while advanced stats showed Reaves improved his field-goal percentage around the rim from 40 percent as a freshman to 70 percent as a sophomore.