Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

50 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

To me? Having Porter at the 5 would indicate that DeRon may need a redshirt year. 

It could also give us a starting five of:

1. Green
  2. Romeo
  3. Justin
  4. Juwan
  5. Porter

McBob, Hunter, Phinisee, Al D, Race ... A lot of depth. A lot of size. A lot of athleticism. A little short on outside shooting. That roster could absolutely contend with a serious March run.

But, I am merely Tuesday-daydreaming with this scenario.

This lineup could be fine but I look for the starting lineup and rotation game 1 next year baring any injures to be as follows.

1. Green

2. Romeo

3. Hunter or McRoberts

4. Morgan 

5. Porter? or Thompson

Bench: 

G1. Phinisee

G2. Durham

W1. Mcroberts or Hunter

W2. Smith

B1: Thompson or Moore or Davis depending on Porter and Davis's injury. 

Not getting many minutes early Davis(injury), Anderson, and Forrester although Forrester could change depending on Porter or another transfer or late addition. 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

With respect to Porter, he might have his eye on wanting to see if Romeo does indeed commit to IU and therefore not make his decision until after April 30.

Just means he's a smart kid. Might as well compete at a high level next year. :92:

I work with a girl that used to be on the girls basketball team and is friends with Curtis Jones and DeRon Davis. Apparently DeRon really wanted to go pro after this season, so this injury was very disappointing for him. His favorite player is Shaq so he wants to play like him. I find that a good thing for us. As for Curtis the breaking point was the Duke game when he barely played. He wanted to find a offensive style more suited for his skill set, which he did in Oklahoma State.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, barrettballer said:

I work with a girl that used to be on the girls basketball team and is friends with Curtis Jones and DeRon Davis. Apparently DeRon really wanted to go pro after this season, so this injury was very disappointing for him. His favorite player is Shaq so he wants to play like him. I find that a good thing for us. As for Curtis the breaking point was the Duke game when he barely played. He wanted to find a offensive style more suited for his skill set, which he did in Oklahoma State.

Archie Miller don't give a sh!t 'bout dat.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

It's possible that we have passed on Porter. Race and Clifton have been playing well enough this spring for the staff to think they can contribute for next season. So we can bank that scholly for 19 or let McRoberts use it for 18.

1. Porter wouldn't take up a '19 scholarship anyway; he's got one year left as a grad transfer.
  2. Clifton Moore = Potential rim protector.  I am skeptical, but boy oh boy would his viable development be a good thing.

1 hour ago, barrettballer said:

Davis isn't close to the NBA at this point. Curtis Jones can't dribble left handed. 

On 4/17/2018 at 12:05 PM, ap2345 said:

This lineup could be fine but I look for the starting lineup and rotation game 1 next year baring any injures to be as follows.

1. Green

2. Romeo

3. Hunter or McRoberts

4. Morgan 

5. Porter? or Thompson

Bench: 

G1. Phinisee

G2. Durham

W1. Mcroberts or Hunter

W2. Smith

B1: Thompson or Moore or Davis depending on Porter and Davis's injury. 

Not getting many minutes early Davis(injury), Anderson, and Forrester although Forrester could change depending on Porter or another transfer or late addition. 

I can't see McRoberts keeping Justin Smith out of the starting lineup next year. Hunter or Thompson? It's hard to say on them until you see them play against college level competition but I'm thinking Smith starts over any of them three. I thought he acquitted himself really well towards the end of the season. 

3 hours ago, barrettballer said:

Davis was no where near pro ready. Dude averaged less rebounds than our SG did.

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

It's possible that we have passed on Porter. Race and Clifton have been playing well enough this spring for the staff to think they can contribute for next season. So we can bank that scholly for 19 or let McRoberts use it for 18.

Hmmmm, I want to be excited about this comment. Would love Race & Moore to blow-up, but the thought of "passing" on a proven post player based on a few weeks of workouts concerns me.  

I don't expect Clifton to be a 15 pts per game guy, ever.

I want him to become a George Leach. Obviously with a better motor. We need a shot blocker, defensive presence.

Boy did leach, j newton and JJ block a lot of shots that season? Probably my 2nd favorite front line at IU behind Henderson, Cheaney and Nover for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Boy did leach, j newton and JJ block a lot of shots that season? Probably my 2nd favorite front line at IU behind Henderson, Cheaney and Nover for me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Leach only played 9 mins a game that season. He did block 1.5 shots a game that season though.. Pretty impressive. 

5 hours ago, jonz44 said:

I can't see McRoberts keeping Justin Smith out of the starting lineup next year. Hunter or Thompson? It's hard to say on them until you see them play against college level competition but I'm thinking Smith starts over any of them three. I thought he acquitted himself really well towards the end of the season. 

Smith or Morgan will have to spread the floor better if Smith is the starting 3.