Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Maybe since Priller played a grand total of about 15 minutes his entire career, he could apply for another season of eligibility, become a grad transfer and head to Athens! Give the Georgia fans a sampling of that great recruiting for which our former coach is known. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Maybe since Priller played a grand total of about 15 minutes his entire career, he could apply for another season of eligibility, become a grad transfer and head to Athens! Give the Georgia fans a sampling of that great recruiting for which our former coach is known. 

All 15-20 of their basketball fans will find out soon enough.  About the time he brings in project bigs because they could walk while chewing gum, or he was told they could and he didn't actually watch.

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep if Race is ready to contribute could be really good. 

That's the thing - we have no idea how good he is but we all know that we need one of him, Moore, Forrester to really step up. Have to have a little more than just Juwan inside both offensively and defensively. I don't think anyone is banking on Moore and I really just don't think Davis will be where he wants to be physically and that is worrisome. 

14 minutes ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

That's the thing - we have no idea how good he is but we all know that we need one of him, Moore, Forrester to really step up. Have to have a little more than just Juwan inside both offensively and defensively. I don't think anyone is banking on Moore and I really just don't think Davis will be where he wants to be physically and that is worrisome. 

Hopefully one of the four (Race, De'Ron, Jake, Clifton) step up. I agree that is the key for this team. We could be top ten good if all goes right. I'm just ready to actually be excited for IU to play deep into March. 

Does anyone else think Moore should be the poster boy for the Clif Marshall strength program? We’ve seen publicity on Hartman, Davis and Thompson and the results look promising. I would love to see Moore put through the paces big time this off season and come September see some pics of a transformation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep if Race is ready to contribute could be really good. 

It was just a scrimmage at the beginning of the season, but Race dominated the inside during Hysteria. He was doing everything we saw Morgan doing. It was sad to know he was redshirting...I knew we had a need for him, but I understood it as well. During that same scrimmage, the differences between Race and Clifton were night/day. Race welcomed contact...almost begged for it, but Moore wanted none of it. He kept settling for a 6 foot and beyond jumpshot. Both guys needed defensive work, but I don't expect freshman to instantly get college defensive schemes. The speed and responsibility is a completely different animal. Again, Race appeared to welcome contact on defense..almost daring the guy to go through him, but Moore would stand straight up and allow his man to slip right by. I saw that many posters here wanted Moore to contribute at points throughout the year and gave very good reasons why he should be able to, but the player I saw at Hysteria was ill prepared for the college game in the Big Ten. Between the two, Race is going to be the biggest help inside...and its not even close.  Just my worthless 2 cents.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2732295-graduate-transfers-who-will-have-the-biggest-impact-on-the-2017-18-cbb-season
I think when talking about grad transfers you will not know what you are getting until they step on campus. Here is a list of the top grad transfers last year. Some worked out well but others not so much

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Does anyone else think Moore should be the poster boy for the Clif Marshall strength program? We’ve seen publicity on Hartman, Davis and Thompson and the results look promising. I would love to see Moore put through the paces big time this off season and come September see some pics of a transformation.

The biggest thing with Moore is him wanting it.  He has to want to embrace the strength program, understanding basketball, and putting in the time to develop.  I'm not sure if he wants it that bad.

If we add Romeo and Taylor and keep Juwan then I will be looking forward to next season just as much as the 2012-2013 one. 

I liked your comment, but I'd be 85% as excited. I was 14 and had my heart ripped out at the end of that season, and I learned to lower my sports expectations a bit.