Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

11 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Agreed. I just don’t think Davis fits in Archie’s system. I mean, look at who Archie recruited to play the 5 in Forrester. He’s the complete opposite of Davis. Quick, lengthy, athletic and explosive.

I don’t see how he contributes much next year coming off that Achilles injury when he couldn’t play defense healthy..

If Davis does come back next year, I can see him in a limited role off of the bench (or until he proves otherwise).

16 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Agreed Davis doesn't quite fit in regards to athleticism. He's still a value to have when you have those games where you need a banger down low.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes.  I'd like to believe he can at least be an upgraded Freddie - he doesn't have to be a first option or dominant to be a contributor.  Jake F will take some time to acclimate, maybe only getting sparse minutes as a freshman.

27 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Yes.  I'd like to believe he can at least be an upgraded Freddie - he doesn't have to be a first option or dominant to be a contributor.  Jake F will take some time to acclimate, maybe only getting sparse minutes as a freshman.

Agree and agree.

In other words: Race Thompson - PLEASE BE GOOD!

16 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We need Jalean Sanford and a Grad transfer that is at least 6"9.

Sanford would have more of an impact than Nick Zeisloft did IMO. He would fit well here. Also played some PG at Reitz in high school so he can handle the ball well. It will be interesting to see that names of big men that could come here. 

Obviously a lot of variables at this point: Will Juwan return (most important, imo) will Romeo sign on? (Close second) Will everyone else return? Will they improve? Are the freshmen ready to contribute? Any transfers and how many?

Best case Juwan returns to claim the B1G PoY, Romeo is all we hope for, the rest of the cast buys in and plays smart and hungry. The Defense is there from day 1.

Lineup something like this: Green, Langford, Smith, Morgan, Davis.  With Phinisee, Hunter, McRoberts, Thompson & maybe a Grad Transfer Center off the bench.

Worst case scenario? I don't really want to talk about that...... 

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Obviously a lot of variables at this point: Will Juwan return (most important, imo) will Romeo sign on? (Close second) Will everyone else return? Will they improve? Are the freshmen ready to contribute? Any transfers and how many?

Best case Juwan returns to claim the B1G PoY, Romeo is all we hope for, the rest of the cast buys in and plays smart and hungry. The Defense is there from day 1.

Lineup something like this: Green, Langford, Smith, Morgan, Davis.  With Phinisee, Hunter, McRoberts, Thompson & maybe a Grad Transfer Center off the bench.

I guarantee Phinisee will be the starting pg next year, probably from day 1

I think there is zero chance Phinisee comes off the bench. He is the next Yogi for us in my opinion...and I'd be willing to bet either Damezi or Hunter start as well. IF Romeo comes that would be great but being realistic and assuming he doesn't come I think our lineup will look like this:

Phinisee
Morgan
Davis
Anderson/Hunter
Smith/Green depending on matchups

I think Anderson can play at the 2 spot if need be and is going to make a HUGE impact immediately because of his shooting alone (something we didn't have ALL year)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe Rob takes it by storm, but if we have 2 Fr starting and neither is Romeo, I'm preparing for a rough season.  If it's 3 Fr starting (Rob, Hunter & Anderson)? Ugh, that will give me 2010-2011 flashbacks. 

I do think that the opening game starters are unlikely to be the same as in March.

59 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

I think there is zero chance Phinisee comes off the bench. He is the next Yogi for us in my opinion...and I'd be willing to bet either Damezi or Hunter start as well. IF Romeo comes that would be great but being realistic and assuming he doesn't come I think our lineup will look like this:

Phinisee
Morgan
Davis
Anderson/Hunter
Smith/Green depending on matchups

I think Anderson can play at the 2 spot if need be and is going to make a HUGE impact immediately because of his shooting alone (something we didn't have ALL year)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If that lineup becomes reality it's gonna be another long year. Davis needs to come off the bench and would like to see a grad transfer in there for Smith/Green or Anderson/Hunter if we fail at Romeo. 

I believe we could be a pretty good team with two freshmen starters, BUT ONLY IF the other three starters were really good (ie; Morgan, Smith, and a very good grad transfer).

Here's the good news: Archie wants to win. Soon. He will do what it takes to get successful pieces into the lineup.

Maybe Rob takes it by storm, but if we have 2 Fr starting and neither is Romeo, I'm preparing for a rough season.  If it's 3 Fr starting (Rob, Hunter & Anderson)? Ugh, that will give me 2010-2011 flashbacks. 
I do think that the opening game starters are unlikely to be the same as in March.

I agree. The expectations some of you are putting on Rob are ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

You're comparing Phinisee who wasn't even a Top 100 HS player to Yogi who was Top 25 and a burger boy. Yogi was very good. Even as a freshman. We should be happy if Phinisee is half the player.
People are delusional like this every year with new players.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk