Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

12 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Watched Vijay quite a bit in HS. Him & Reggie Jones who is a member for WMU now. Vijay is one of the best walk ons in the country and I truly believe he will be a good addition. I don't expect him to be a star or anywhere near his brother, but I could see him having a decent career here. Now we have to be the leaders for Jalen which is a great reason even if it was the only reason to bring in Vijay. Jalen will be a 5 star player when it comes time. UK will be our only threat to him cause of James Sr.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Is this Blackmon capable of guarding a chair? I also see that Arch is looking at Nahziah Carter, since he has an open scholly.

15 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Is this Blackmon capable of guarding a chair? I also see that Arch is looking at Nahziah Carter, since he has an open scholly.

There is an open one? I thought we were at the "break-even" point on scholarships? In other words, I thought the team had used all the available ones?

2 minutes ago, Tom White said:

There is an open one? I thought we were at the "break-even" point on scholarships? In other words, I thought the team had used all the available ones?

One is open.

We were full at 13 last year.

Since then, we have lost Bryant, OG, Blackmon, and Gelon. We have gained Smith, Durham, and Moore.

Boy i would think we would want a big who could help from day one like a grad transfer.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Boy i would think we would want a big who could help from day one like a grad transfer.

I agree, I just don't think there are any out there.

3 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Then we should hold the grant imo

I think so too, although, we do have 5 open already next year. I may be counting JBJ on that though, so at least 4.

3 minutes ago, doyle1984 said:

CAM wants to make IU cool again. If we use a scholarship on Carter it might help us with the big fish when they see Jay-Z court side at Assembly hall. In the end it could help us way more than a big could this year for one year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who knows, maybe one of the twins Beyonce is carrying is a boy? Could turn out to be a stud class of 2035 recruit. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We'll have at least 5. 

Hartman, McSwain, Newkirk, Priller, Rojo. 

So that's 6 counting Gelon's if he doesn't fill it this year. I don't remember seeing the quote, but it seems that CAM doesn't like big classes either.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm bothered why Vijay quit St. Francis mid-season but I have to presume that CAM knows the details of why he quit and it wasn't anything that was a concern at having him become a member of the IU team albeit without a scholarship.

If he knew he wanted to come to IU for a degree, why it would make sense to keep playing there? I don't think it appears any different than what a conventional transfer does, and they leave at the semester all the time. 

5 minutes ago, goonaha said:

If he knew he wanted to come to IU for a degree, why it would make sense to keep playing there? I don't think it appears any different than what a conventional transfer does, and they leave at the semester all the time. 

But he quit on his team in mid-season.  That's a whole lot different than transferring out at the end of a season.

This was announced in Jan. 2017.  .@USFCougarBball FR G Vijay Blackmon has quit the team. @CoachLaCross: He's no longer part of the program and I wish him well.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The last thing I want to see happen is recruiting kids just because of who might sit at courtside.  And if who's sitting at courtside is the determining factor for a recruit to pick IU over another school, then quite honestly, I don't care if the kid goes elsewhere because he's not really that interested in playing for IU just at IU.  Kick me all you want, but that's the way this old fart feels.

1.) Nahziah is going to turn out to be a 4 star recruit. He's worth recruiting on his skills alone and has a great relationship with Archie from Dayton.

2.) I don't think anyone is going to pick IU because Jay-Z might sit courtside a couple games a year if Nahziah comes. Just like I don't think anyone committed to UK because Drake makes occasional appearances or references to them. It's all just positive attention for the program and being seen as a destination school. I don't see any harm in it.