Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Haven't seen it posted here, so forgive me. If someone else did.  Italian player David's Moretti has set four visits up.  Would be eligible this year.  6 3 combo guard.  Other schools were Texas Tech and Utah (I don't recall the fourth).  Moretti is ranked by NBA draft.net as the 13th best international player born in 1998.

54 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Haven't seen it posted here, so forgive me. If someone else did.  Italian player David's Moretti has set four visits up.  Would be eligible this year.  6 3 combo guard.  Other schools were Texas Tech and Utah (I don't recall the fourth).  Moretti is ranked by NBA draft.net as the 13th best international player born in 1998.

Fourth school is U Conn.  

Other than the obvious name recognition, what does everyone know about him?
Have any of you seen him play?

I watched him play several times in HS. He was a lot like James.

JBJ took 80% of the shots. Vijay plays very similar. Not the level of shooter as James at that time. He was having a lot of success at St. Francis in the early going. Put up good numbers after James left in HS.
Always seemed a little smaller. (He was 2-3 years younger in HS).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

Looks like he plays point on the Italy 18 and under squad. Avg 14.8 and 5 assists.

Apparently he is here now.

Other than the obvious name recognition, what does everyone know about him?
Have any of you seen him play?

Watched Vijay quite a bit in HS. Him & Reggie Jones who is a member for WMU now. Vijay is one of the best walk ons in the country and I truly believe he will be a good addition. I don't expect him to be a star or anywhere near his brother, but I could see him having a decent career here. Now we have to be the leaders for Jalen which is a great reason even if it was the only reason to bring in Vijay. Jalen will be a 5 star player when it comes time. UK will be our only threat to him cause of James Sr.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I watched him play several times in HS. He was a lot like James.

JBJ took 80% of the shots. Vijay plays very similar. Not the level of shooter as James at that time. He was having a lot of success at St. Francis in the early going. Put up good numbers after James left in HS.
Always seemed a little smaller. (He was 2-3 years younger in HS).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

At St. Francis, he played the role of offense off the bench and was pretty successful at it.  Averaged 9.2 ppg despite only playing 14.4 mpg.  Shot 42% from the field but 43% from three (28 of 65 in 22 games).  Left St. Francis on Jan. 26.....don't know the circumstances surrounding him leaving.

I'd say in Vijay we have a Grant Gelon without using a scholarship.  Honestly, I did feel like with the injuries we had last yearthat we should have at least seen what Gelon could do (probably not much, but he could shoot).  It's not like when Gelon was in the game he stuck out like a sore thumb like Priller did....the few opportunities he had (albeit in garbage time against bench players) he played okay.  He still probably was not good enough to ever be a significant contributor, but he didn't give himself the scholarship.  Will be interested to see where he lands and how he does.  Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at, say, a Valparaiso University (close to his home town).  Still won't be a starter there but probably would see some time as an off the bench shooter.

Anyway, the point being is that Vijay is probably similar in scoring to Gelon, so in the process we 'kept Gelon' but got back the scholarship he was using.

9 hours ago, mdn82 said:

https://btownbanners.com/index.php?/topic/10670-PG-Davide-Moretti

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not trying to be a jerk or anything just throwing out his thread if anyone hears anything else.

Not at all.  I wasn't finding the thread on him but assumed there was one.  Thanks for pointing it out.