Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

5 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

She said that's where her husband lives and she has a teaching degree.

Huge thanks to Marni for everything she's done. One of the best.

Yes, I read the post. But teaching in Mexico, IN is, I presume, not as lucrative as being an assistant athletic director for a Big Ten University. 

6 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Yes, I read the post. But teaching in Mexico, IN is, I presume, not as lucrative as being an assistant athletic director for a Big Ten University. 

She made $63k a year at IU, so yeah that's quite a bit more than she'd make as a teacher there. 

2 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

It doesn't look like there are any accomplished 'bigs' out there. 

MiKyle Mcintosh looks like the best front court prospect ar 6'7". Grad transfer 12.5 ppg and 5.6 reb.

Would anyone be happy about a 5ppg a game scorer unknown like Ziesloft, big, if one was around?

Absolutely. I'll take one experienced 6'9" 240lb, solid defender and decent rebounder that can play 10-12 mins a game for one season, please.

Also- good attitude/teammate too.

Money isn't the end all be all of decisions like hers. Being with her husband and getting to teach children(which seems like what she originally wanted to do) are more important than how much she's passing in making.

26 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We have Tim Priller.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah about that. No Thanks! Let's let Priller stay on the bench and be the 20 point guy or if we get 2 or 3 guys in foul trouble. I couldn't even imagine Priller trying to hold his ground against Haas.

2 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

She said that's where her husband lives and she has a teaching degree.

Huge thanks to Marni for everything she's done. One of the best.

Yes, she truly is one of the best and what a positive change she brought to the program when she assumed that position.  Us oldtimers also remember another great one Elizabeth "Buzz" Kurpius who on more than one occasion was given specific thanks by a graduating senior basketball player on senior night.

https://honorsandawards.iu.edu/search-awards/honoree.shtml?honoreeID=4614

56 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Yes, she truly is one of the best and what a positive change she brought to the program when she assumed that position.  Us oldtimers also remember another great one Elizabeth "Buzz" Kurpius who on more than one occasion was given specific thanks by a graduating senior basketball player on senior night.

https://honorsandawards.iu.edu/search-awards/honoree.shtml?honoreeID=4614

Wow, great ladies and a testiment to our focus on academics at Indiana. This also makes me think of another woman at UNC who blew the whistle on rampant cheating at her school. No hall of fame honors for her; she was ran out of Chapel Hill.