Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

How is he throwing his dad under the bus? I don't get that argument.

If anything, his dad threw himself under the bus for saying something he didn't know to be true. Rojo is a grown man and is in the middle of making an important life decision. I'm sure many of you have had parents that didn't know when it was time to back off and let their adult children make their own decisions.

28 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Rojo is having a hard time hearing from NBA GM's/scouts that he's no where near ready for that level. They are all advising him to return. 

A SR RoJo would be outstanding. He's a shoe-in to start and he would be lethal

Now Rojo tweets he's still in the draft process and a decision hasn't been made lol. Makes me think the media never consult with their "sources" after an announcement like this is made. They just piggyback off the first guy to hear it.

The media loves fake news. I still think he is gone but i hope i am wrong.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

How is he throwing his dad under the bus? I don't get that argument.

If anything, his dad threw himself under the bus for saying something he didn't know to be true. Rojo is a grown man and is in the middle of making an important life decision. I'm sure many of you have had parents that didn't know when it was time to back off and let their adult children make their own decisions.

I can definitely relate to what he's going through in that regard. My parents will tell people that I'm doing X next year when I haven't even discussed it with them. So aggravating lol. 

49 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

This would actually make sense. If the Clippers kept Chris Paul + DeAndre Jordan and added a great shooter, maybe this could be their guy

I think Devonte ends up starting regardless. Archie likes having a guard to pressure the ball and set the tempo for his defense. Green is the one that fits that bill.

Green, Newkirk, RoJo, Hartman & Davis start with Juwan the 6th man. CuJo and J Smooth are the other 2 regular minute guys. Clifton & Al get some minutes as well. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I can definitely relate to what he's going through in that regard. My parents will tell people that I'm doing X next year when I haven't even discussed it with them. So aggravating lol. 

What is the deal with his dad?

25 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

What is the deal with his dad?

A reporter said his dad confirmed he was returning and then Rojo denied it so some people here decided that means he threw his dad under the bus and they are having issues.

I will preface this with I have and think that Rojo should return.  I believe this for personal reasons as a fan and as a non-traditional college student who would like to see him finish out his degree.  He will not be drafted, but if he wants to play in the d-league or overseas, I will not and cannot fault him for that decision.

Regarding my comment earlier, it was never stated they were having issues.  Conflicting reports from him and his family were released though.  Zach Osterman confirmed the report of Rojo's intent to return with Robert Sr.  He tweeted it and wrote a story on it.  However, this does not make Mr. Johnson's statement factual.

Rojo tweeting that he was still in the draft process confirmed that some form of communication breakdown has occurred within his circle (i.e., his family).

My comments weren't meant to get anyone worked up, merely speculation based upon what I had read.

How about just relaxing and see where it goes?

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

So we can't react to reports any more? What's the point of a forum? Discussion, that's what. Groupthink is a bad thing. Learn to be objective. Discuss topics. Argue. Counter argue. Have fun. The lambasting over an awkward future dinner comment is quite comical.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not sure I get the wording 'going through the draft process'.  He's not getting drafted....no one is thinking that in the slightest.  It seems to me that was set on leaving, he would more likely say 'exploring options' as opposed to 'going through the draft process'.

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Sucks when people have opinions on a message board huh?

And my opinion was that the take I quoted was very hot. What is your point exactly? My opinion is not allowed to be "I think your opinion is a little over the top"? 

The other funny thing about the "Social media is the worst thing to ever happen" take (other than war, famine, poverty, racism, etc. existing in the world) is that it was delivered on an online message board, which is a type of media on which people interact socially. 

Excited about next year's team. Mainly bc we will have Colin and Rojo back. We won't be world beaters but I'm confident that I'll actually enjoy the product on the floor. I may even be able to scale back on my bourbon whiskey consumption. Wishful thinking, I know.

Nothing like a little cocktail with some hoops!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

So we can't react to reports any more? What's the point of a forum? Discussion, that's what. Groupthink is a bad thing. Learn to be objective. Discuss topics. Argue. Counter argue. Have fun. The lambasting over an awkward future dinner comment is quite comical.

Nothing wrong with discussion. Everything wrong with jumping to conclusions like throwing dad under the bus.
There are competing reports. Nothing wrong with discussing whether he should stay or go.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Also worth noting his twitter account is now verified which generally only happens after one officially withdraws from college and is a draft prospect.

Tim Priller is also verified on Twitter. Doesn't really mean anything. If you're even somewhat of a public figure it isn't that hard to get verified.

17 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I think Devonte ends up starting regardless. Archie likes having a guard to pressure the ball and set the tempo for his defense. Green is the one that fits that bill.

Green, Newkirk, RoJo, Hartman & Davis start with Juwan the 6th man. CuJo and J Smooth are the other 2 regular minute guys. Clifton & Al get some minutes as well. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

You might be right- but I hope not. That is a really short (as in "not tall") rotation and I don't prefer 3 guard line-ups. I'd like to see Newkirk (or Green), Johnson, Hartman, Morgan and Davis starting. God forbid Davis gets banged-up or has persistent foul trouble. He certainly will get tired at some point. Sucks there is no back-up center, I know Moore is tall, but looks really thin and is perimeter oriented. 

I do expect McSwain to play some though. He can compete physically, seems willing and there aren't a lot of other options.