Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

I read Rojo is seriously considering the JBJ route. Play and develop in the D league. This notion is sickening to me to be honest. Might as well recruit like Duke and Kentucky because it seems no one wants the glory of playing college basketball anymore.

Those D league games are pathetic. Troy and Yogi making it to the league is a testament to them. But it is a disservice to other players thinking they will have the same successes.

I understand the Euro leagues for financial purposes but that money is always there.

Our days of college basketball are fading and the one and done rule is helping to kill it.

Signed,

A very frustrated college basketball fan

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Agreed or maybe we should recruit like wisconsin so we dont have to deal with this kind of stuff. Crean sold himself on getting guys to the nba and thats the kind of players who came. Except our nba guys arent nearly as good as kentuckys

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just have a feeling hes gone probably to test out the d league or europe he checked out midway through the season looked like hes had enough college i dont have any insider info but the lack of an announcement of withdrawing from the draft makes me think hes gone he got feedback and didnt get a combine invite and still hasnt said anything makes me think hes gone

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app

The more i think about it your probably right. You would think he would have withdrawn by if if he was coming back. I always thought we would end up with a grant to give. Though before i thought it would be due to a transfer. Thank god hartman came back.

Agreed or maybe we should recruit like wisconsin so we dont have to deal with this kind of stuff. Crean sold himself on getting guys to the nba and thats the kind of players who came. Except our nba guys arent nearly as good as kentuckys

That's the key imo. If we are going to have the guys that are focused on getting in the NBA then I would rather have the guys that are almost locks to be first round picks like Kentucky. The one and done system should either be abolished or extended to two years. Preferably abolished.

The more i think about it your probably right. You would think he would have withdrawn by if if he was coming back. I always thought we would end up with a grant to give. Though before i thought it would be due to a transfer. Thank god hartman came back.

Hartman being back is a major key this year big thing for me if rob goes what do we do theres still a few undecided guys if he goes i wonder of archie takes a shot at one of these uncommitted guys

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I read Rojo is seriously considering the JBJ route. Play and develop in the D league. This notion is sickening to me to be honest. Might as well recruit like Duke and Kentucky because it seems no one wants the glory of playing college basketball anymore.

Those D league games are pathetic. Troy and Yogi making it to the league is a testament to them. But it is a disservice to other players thinking they will have the same successes.

I understand the Euro leagues for financial purposes but that money is always there.

Our days of college basketball are fading and the one and done rule is helping to kill it.

Signed,

Happy reading :)

http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/08/an-inside-look-at-the-stressful-chaotic-lives-of-nba-agents/

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Signed,

Can you please provide this link? I have searched the whole internet and cannot find an article saying anything of this sort? Are you referencing anonymous posters on message boards because I am incredibly skeptical of these 'sources' even the ones who are known to be 'credible'? I am not totally doubting you but just curious where you read this?  

5 hours ago, goonaha said:

Save the hysterics for when a decision is actually made. No point in declaring college basketball dead because a kid left a year early instead of playing for a coach he doesn't know.

Probably good advice, but I prefer starting hysterics early and avoiding the crowded rush. Why wait until the last minute when the hysterics-sphere will be so crowded. No, I prefer having some elbow room.

My college basketball is dying take is not tied to Rojo's decision at all.

I personally think he is coming back. The "source" is the guy who had it out with Rabjohns regarding Blackmon signing an agent. I don't even care about Rojo's decision much. Our results will be similar with or without him.

THE FACT that Rojo and others like him who have little to no shot at the NBA are leaving college basketball (or even considering) for DLeague, etc, is all the indication I need to know that College Basketball as we know it is dying. Unless changes are made we may actually be watching student athletes playing college basketball again.

Rojo is Indiana's version, so I use his example initially but my stance is formulated by national college basketball stories. Peoples opinions of college basketball aren't the same as it used to be.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My college basketball is dying take is not tied to Rojo's decision at all.

I personally think he is coming back. The "source" is the guy who had it out with Rabjohns regarding Blackmon signing an agent. I don't even care about Rojo's decision much. Our results will be similar with or without him.

THE FACT that Rojo and others like him who have little to no shot at the NBA are leaving college basketball (or even considering) for DLeague, etc, is all the indication I need to know that College Basketball as we know it is dying. Unless changes are made we may actually be watching student athletes playing college basketball again.

Rojo is Indiana's version, so I use his example initially but my stance is formulated by national college basketball stories. Peoples opinions of college basketball aren't the same as it used to be.

What guy 'had it out' with Rabjohns? I did not see that and I follow him on twitter as well as his work unless it was on his premium board which I am not a part of.

16 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Had it out with him on twitter. Brennan Champion. He's puffing his chest.

That guy seems to be an average Joe who is just throwing things out there (under 400 followers and no info tying him to any news organization) from everything I am reading from his twitter posts. He makes Albers look good with his reporting and that is saying something.

I actually agree with Brennan that what Rabjohns did with the JBJ information was a bit careless. It should of been clear to him the family was not telling the truth and Rabjohns should not of reported what they said. It's a tough choice and issue but clearly Rabjohns did not handle this well.

With that said I believe nothing this Brennan Champion guy says and would not take anything he says as remotely fact or credible. 

That guy seems to be an average Joe who is just throwing things out there (under 400 followers and no info tying him to any news organization) from everything I am reading from his twitter posts. He makes Albers look good with his reporting and that is saying something.
I actually agree with Brennan that what Rabjohns did with the JBJ information was a bit careless. It should of been clear to him the family was not telling the truth and Rabjohns should not of reported what they said. It's a tough choice and issue but clearly Rabjohns did not handle this well.
With that said I believe nothing this Brennan Champion guy says and would not take anything he says as remotely fact or credible. 

I researched the guy. I know it's just a guy who maybe knows someone or doesn't. Could have some connection to the players. Maybe not. I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Like I say, Rojo's decision doesn't affect me one way or another. If he wants to leave, he probably should.

My "take" is a national take on the college basketball landscape. Rojo is just a tiny piece of it all.

He seems like an average guy but hes been right twice now in the last 3 weeks on iubb leads i take him with a grain of salt but he has been right

17 minutes ago, drewheck said:

He seems like an average guy but hes been right twice now in the last 3 weeks on iubb leads i take him with a grain of salt but he has been right

Or he was just throwing things at the wall and this happened to stick with Blackmon and Bryant? His theory on Johnson has yet to be proven. He has a 50/50 chance of being right on these no matter what so it doesn't mean he didn't write something out of the blue for attention and happened to be right.