Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Heres my main question. JBJ could literally have gotten a more lukewarm reception from the NBA scouts.  So seems like nothing was going to deter him.  Why not just hire an agent from the get go?

I guess maybe deep down he thought he might come back but couldn't bring himself to do so.  But still odd to me.  

Heres my main question. JBJ could literally have gotten a more lukewarm reception from the NBA scouts.  So seems like nothing was going to deter him.  Why not just hire an agent from the get go?
I guess maybe deep down he thought he might come back but couldn't bring himself to do so.  But still odd to me.  

Keep your options open in the face of uncertainty until new information helps direct your decisions. He must've received advice or feedback no one else is privy to.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Well, shucks.  I really like JBJ.
You know something interesting, the nice things CAM said about JBJ during the press conference.  I'll assume he had some inkling of how JBJ was leaning, and he was complimentary anyway.  Pretty obvious contrast to ignoring TB and others.  I think JBJ is a great guy that makes a good impression on those around him.  
RoJo to be featured, with lots of minutes for the young guns to step up.  It will be interesting to see who emerges.  

James does have a brother coming up that will be highly ranked. Miller probably had a good idea but had to play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IU might have been "better" with Blackmon this year on the offensive end, but it has to be about a larger picture than that. Miller wants to get his culture established and his MO has been that you check in his program. Maybe he'd have gotten Blackmon to buy in but the evidence suggests that would be a tough sell. So are you better off starting over in the backcourt? I think there's a good argument that you are, in terms of getting the program where Miller wants it to be in a quicker time frame. Honestly, if all these guys had returned,  yes, they would have been more talented, deeper, etc. and probably been able to win a few more games just based on that. I'm not sure Miller would have been able to get his thing going in earnest, though, and as a new coach that would be a very tough situation to go through. Be safe, do well bud. 

Well, shucks.  I really like JBJ.
You know something interesting, the nice things CAM said about JBJ during the press conference.  I'll assume he had some inkling of how JBJ was leaning, and he was complimentary anyway.  Pretty obvious contrast to ignoring TB and others.  I think JBJ is a great guy that makes a good impression on those around him.  
RoJo to be featured, with lots of minutes for the young guns to step up.  It will be interesting to see who emerges.  

Assuming he comes back. You never know these days.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Doubt it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Where would he go? He didn't graduate. 

Just have a feeling hes gone probably to test out the d league or europe he checked out midway through the season looked like hes had enough college i dont have any insider info but the lack of an announcement of withdrawing from the draft makes me think hes gone he got feedback and didnt get a combine invite and still hasnt said anything makes me think hes gone

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app

I read Rojo is seriously considering the JBJ route. Play and develop in the D league. This notion is sickening to me to be honest. Might as well recruit like Duke and Kentucky because it seems no one wants the glory of playing college basketball anymore.

Those D league games are pathetic. Troy and Yogi making it to the league is a testament to them. But it is a disservice to other players thinking they will have the same successes.

I understand the Euro leagues for financial purposes but that money is always there.

Our days of college basketball are fading and the one and done rule is helping to kill it.

Signed,

A very frustrated college basketball fan

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'm with you! Very frustrated is putting it lightly and I'm only afraid it will get worse. Unless they put a few new rules into place.
This is only my guess but Someone sold the Blackmons on the D league route. I mean seriously, where is a kid with those aspirations going to benefit the most from? One more year of college basketball, or getting paid in the D league/Euro??? Yes, I know what my answer is but is it only because I'm selfish and wanted him back bc it would make IUBB better now.
Think about it, if you're in JBJ's shoes. Degree in hand, a few knee injuries already, etc etc. what would you do? Can't blame him at all! Was not going to benefit him personally to return for 1 more season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm with you! Very frustrated is putting it lightly and I'm only afraid it will get worse. Unless they put a few new rules into place.
This is only my guess but Someone sold the Blackmons on the D league route. I mean seriously, where is a kid with those aspirations going to benefit the most from? One more year of college basketball, or getting paid in the D league/Euro??? Yes, I know what my answer is but is it only because I'm selfish and wanted him back bc it would make IUBB better now.
Think about it, if you're in JBJ's shoes. Degree in hand, a few knee injuries already, etc etc. what would you do? Can't blame him at all! Was not going to benefit him personally to return for 1 more season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't have a problem with Blackmon's decision per se. Could see him having Troy Williams-type success. Rojo hasn't proven anything to think he could ever be a NBA player. Why not come back and try to raise your personal stock on a national platform if you think you are deserving. And possibly he will.

I think the NBA craze on drafting on potential is deleterious to their league and college basketball.

Get rid of one and done and make kids plsy 3 years of college basketball or go to NBA/DLeague right away.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Dudes leaving college early for the D League... That's wild. Sure they get "paid" but the D League lifestyle sucks. Imo playing at a school like IU would be preferable to being in the D League. If you can go overseas and make several hundred thousand then by all means go get your money, but the D League.. Nahhh. 

I have to wonder how much development actually happens down there. All the players are looking to shine to get a call up so there probably isn't much semblance of team basketball. It's every man for himself there.