Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Albers has crafted the most elaborate lie ever (says Blackmon texted him directly to confirm he is leaving) or Blackmon is gone. I would not put anything past Albers but in past he has said 'sources indicate" when he has been lying and making things up.

Either Albers has taken his lies to a new level saying the player texted him directly when it did not happen or Rabjohns owes everyone an apology for reporting something that was clearly not true (I understand the family told Rabjohns what they said and I believe they did, but common sense should of said not to report that and the family was not being entirely truthful).

7 hours ago, recker222000 said:

Agreed. The other two are d league players which begs the question when you make money 25 k what does your agent get two grand?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Excellent point why does he need an agent? He would better served to lay back and at worst; grad transfer after summer school. I do hope he gets his $.

Excellent point why does he need an agent? He would better served to lay back and at worst; grad transfer after summer school. I do hope he gets his $.

If he is willing to go overseas an agent may help a great deal making connections for him and helping him identify places to consider

To be fair I think you mean 1 NBA player and 2 d leaguers 

ACTUALLY. It's three potential NBA players. Nothing is guaranteed. Still a LOOOOOONG process before you can say who will and won't be a successful NBA player. Who thought Troy would be where he is now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

If he is willing to go overseas an agent may help a great deal making connections for him and helping him identify places to consider

Europe sounds more likely reason to wait.

1 hour ago, schoosier said:

You need an agent way more if you go undrafted. The pay scale is pretty much slotted for all the guys that get drafted, you almost don't even need an agent if you get drafted. Undrafted guys need someone to contact teams for Summer League and Training Camp invites, sift through all the overseas opportunities (which are real, which actually pay what they commit too, etc.).

A question for anyone:

Do I understand correctly that any IU basketball player can leave early and forgo their eligibility to pursue professional opportunities and still have their tuition paid for to complete their degree at a later date?

If so, then what is the incentive for any IU player with legitimate interest in playing professionally to stay in school past one season (like Bryant, Blackmon, etc?) If your education will still be paid for and there for you to pursue in the future, then wouldn't you want to take the earliest opportunity to spend all day, every day working on your basketball skills to try and make money off of it as early as you can? Especially if it isn't about "being ready" for the next level. Otherwise, wouldn't you risk an injury or the your flaws in your game being exposed all the more?

I'm just trying to figure out the players' incentive to stay in school past one year... but perhaps I do not understand the tuition-guarantee side of it?

1 hour ago, GnarlyTimGarl said:

A question for anyone:

Do I understand correctly that any IU basketball player can leave early and forgo their eligibility to pursue professional opportunities and still have their tuition paid for to complete their degree at a later date?

If so, then what is the incentive for any IU player with legitimate interest in playing professionally to stay in school past one season (like Bryant, Blackmon, etc?) If your education will still be paid for and there for you to pursue in the future, then wouldn't you want to take the earliest opportunity to spend all day, every day working on your basketball skills to try and make money off of it as early as you can? Especially if it isn't about "being ready" for the next level. Otherwise, wouldn't you risk an injury or the your flaws in your game being exposed all the more?

I'm just trying to figure out the players' incentive to stay in school past one year... but perhaps I do not understand the tuition-guarantee side of it?

I thought I read that the program that allows athletes to continue their work toward their degree involves making and staying on an academic plan.  Im assuming that the student and university agree on an academic plan to continue to work toward their degree not just quit for a while.  I think it's a good program to have at IU for many reasons.  Student-athletes may leave for professional, family, or health reasons and Indiana has a program in place to assist the student to fulfill a valuable life goal that being a degree from Indiana University.  

Well, shucks.  I really like JBJ.

You know something interesting, the nice things CAM said about JBJ during the press conference.  I'll assume he had some inkling of how JBJ was leaning, and he was complimentary anyway.  Pretty obvious contrast to ignoring TB and others.  I think JBJ is a great guy that makes a good impression on those around him.  

RoJo to be featured, with lots of minutes for the young guns to step up.  It will be interesting to see who emerges.  

We have enough athleticism to win (Newkirk, Smith, McSwain, Morgan).

We have enough shooters to win (RoJo, CuJo, Collin)

We have enough toughness to win (RoJo, DeVonte, Juwan, Collin)

We have enough post presence to win, I hope... (stay on da court, DeRon)

Coach 'em up, Arch.