Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Scholarship problem solved - like it or not!

Indeed. Multiple news sources/blogs reporting that JBJ will hire an agent...

I wish these guys well, I genuinely do, but it really explains in part, why our season was such a disaster.

I think all 3 have a shot at the NBA if things go bounce their way. I could see all 3 flame out too. Neither would surprise me. All 3 easily have the potential to play professionally even if it's not the NBA.

Bottom line, winning games at IU wasn't the #1 focus of our best guys.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I would think that JBJ leaving would mean a bigger role for RoJo.  From what I see, he should be our #1 offensive option next year.  IMO, that would be a pretty big reason for him to stay as it would give him an opportunity to showcase his talent.

Davis will be option 1 and it isn't close. If Rojo doesn't change the way he plays D or take care of the ball, he may not get major minutes. Our past focus on playing fast and faster with no D and not valuing ball possessions is long gone. Thank God.

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I wish these guys well, I genuinely do, but it really explains in part, why our season was such a disaster.

I think all 3 have a shot at the NBA if things go bounce their way. I could see all 3 flame out too. Neither would surprise me. All 3 easily have the potential to play professionally even if it's not the NBA.

Bottom line, winning games at IU wasn't the #1 focus of our best guys.

I can't agree with that statement in regards to OG.  But when he saw his draft potential remain high in spite of the injury he's making the smart move by taking the money and running.  Don't like it, but it's the smart move for OG.  As for TB, I think his decision to leave was sealed when FG terminated FCTC.  Clearly he always had pro dreams but barring the termination, I believe he would have stuck around for another season and would have played hard for FCTC.  JBJ had checked out of IU after his freshman season because he always saw himself as a one and one and in reality maybe he really never 'checked in'.  Clearly IU was never the #1 focus for JBJ.

From an Osterman column in the Indpls. Star.

“I think he’s (Blackmon) probably a second-round to fringe-type of guy right now,” one NBA scout told IndyStar's Zach Osterman. “Everyone knows he can score the ball and he shoots it with the best of them. At that size, he’s got to be able to get his point guard and distributing capabilities up to par.”

Another scout was less bullish.

“I think he’s even more so than Thomas (Bryant) a guy that NBA scouts have pretty much pigeon-holed as a one-trick pony, rightly or wrongly,” the scout said. “He’s a shooter, but he’s an undersized shooter.”

I don't follow your reasoning. Why do you say this?

Everything I've seen including the actions this off season indicate getting to the league has always been the #1 goal, with winning games being a byproduct.

Instead of the vice versa. Winning games begetting NBA draft opportunities.

I know it's hard to differentiate but it's how I feel. As soon as our players saw themselves on Mock draft boards it was over. BB4IU alluded to this before as well.