Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Assuming JBJ is gone.

1. Newkirk/Green
2. Rojo/CuJo/Durham/Gelon
3 Hartman/Smith
4. Morgan/McSwain
5. DD/Moore/Priller

We will need out top 7-8 to stay healthy because the drop off is unreal. Nobody will be scared of our Hoosiers this season. We are going to have to make believers out of people.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You are forgetting Hartman....
I could also see McSwain getting more run than Moore at the 4 spot.... 
I am very hopeful in the progression of De'ron Davis but if he has any foul issues Moore almost has to play the 5 and Morgan, McSwain, & some Hartman probably at the 4.

Getting hartman back is huge given we are losing three starters. If healthy he should do very well.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

You are forgetting Hartman....

I could also see McSwain getting more run than Moore at the 4 spot.... 

I am very hopeful in the progression of De'ron Davis but if he has any foul issues Moore almost has to play the 5 and Morgan, McSwain, & some Hartman probably at the 4.

I'd rather play Moore and let him develop 

we don't have the horses next year to do much. Would rather Diminish MCSwain and Newkirk roles to let the youth develop. 

3 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Sounds as if JBJ he isn't going to be at IU next year....?

Wait a minute. Is Chuck Martin still associated with IU? His Twitter handle would make it seem so?

He was likely a class or two short but when that close they let you go through the ceremony. I had 3 credits when I walked yet to take and did the same thing.

After all these injuries since HS and what we've seen out of Hartman in '15 -'16 there is no way he's going to have the lateral quickness or athleticism to guard the wing.  IMO he's going to be part of a rotation ar the #4. 

With what IU has they are going to have to go small once again to get the best talent on the floor.