Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

If James comes back I won't be very upset about this. I think Archie could've really helped TB, but I see De'ron rising to the challenge and holding down the paint. The near future is still bright imo and I'm glad TB did this sooner rather than later since now Archie has a better idea about next year's roster. 

Way too early to write the team off even if JBJ does leave.  I still feel very postive about next season and what CAM can do with the team.  No, we way not win the B1G, but I think we will be a far more consistent team in terms of game-to-game performance and may surprise a lot of people.  

We will be fine. Look at Wisconsin with the right coach you don't need superior talent.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If James comes back I won't be very upset about this. I think Archie could've really helped TB, but I see De'ron rising to the challenge and holding down the paint. The near future is still bright imo and I'm glad TB did this sooner rather than later since now Archie has a better idea about next year's roster. 

Davis should be fun to watch if miller can develop him.

Way too early to write the team off even if JBJ does leave.  I still feel very postive about next season and what CAM can do with the team.  No, we way not win the B1G, but I think we will be a far more consistent team in terms of game-to-game performance and may surprise a lot of people.  

Agreed

1 minute ago, recker222000 said:

Davis should be fun to watch if miller can develop him.

He showed some flashes last year. If he can get in better shape and learn to stay out of foul trouble he should be a dominant force the next few years. 

He showed some flashes last year. If he can get in better shape and learn to stay out of foul trouble he should be a dominant force the next few years. 

I just look at his body and size. I think he has better post moves than bryant he just needs to quite fouling His potential is huge though. There were also games he was doing well and crean pulled him out.

Underage drinking....The horror of it all. Makes me miss the Knight years when literally not a single student athlete under 21 drank.

I'm quite certain underage players on his bball team drank - most notably his son.
There was a no bars policy that they did follow.

4 hours ago, 716e11th said:

I'm quite certain underage players on his bball team drank - most notably his son.
There was a no bars policy that they did follow.

I was being sarcastic.

Used to see players at Motleys, etc....a lot.

Also witnessed a few, not a lot, players smoking pungent smelling "tobacco" back in the day.

It happened. 

I was being sarcastic.
Used to see players at Motleys, etc....a lot.
Also witnessed a few, not a lot, players smoking pungent smelling "tobacco" back in the day.
It happened. 

Yeah but I heard Tom Crean sold it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In complete seriousness, we may need Priller to step up and play some minutes this year. Our frontcourt depth is very limited.

If nothing else, use him in a Brian Sloan type of role. I think he can be very useful setting screens and picks.

49 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

In complete seriousness, we may need Priller to step up and play some minutes this year. Our frontcourt depth is very limited.

Honestly he wasn't bad last year the few times he got legitimate, non-mop up, minutes. He can set screens and knock down open shots. Maybe Archie will give him some playing time during the cupcake portion of the schedule to see what he can do.