Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Idk if this is a direct quote, but Bozich tweeted this earlier:

Miller said he doesn't anticipate Indiana's scholarship situation being a big challenge. Expects situation to sort itself out. #iubb

The quote I gave was from Bozichs article. Lol

His article and tweets are different

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

A direct, key quote from the presser, which is now on-line, regarding the four declarants efforts to seek out NBA feedback:

Archie: "I know OG's on his way. I think Thomas has continued to really push toward, you know, finding answers out. And I know James and Rob, once they finish out the semester here, so to speak, ya know, with some finals, I think those guys are also gonna get their opportunity as well. 

Later, about DeRon: "He's gonna be a major, major player for us next year. The opportunity is there."

Speculative takeaway? Rob and James are in Bloomington as student-athletes, and it seems as though TB is in the process of preparing to move on.

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm aware..?

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I wasn't aware u were aware

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I'm aware that you weren't aware that he was aware.

MOD WARNING FOR DERAILING THE THREAD!!

;)

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A direct, key quote from the presser, which is now on-line, regarding the four declarants efforts to seek out NBA feedback:

Archie: "I know OG's on his way. I think Thomas has continued to really push toward, you know, finding answers out. And I know James and Rob, once they finish out the semester here, so to speak, ya know, with some finals, I think those guys are also gonna get their opportunity as well. 

Later, about DeRon: "He's gonna be a major, major player for us next year. The opportunity is there."

Speculative takeaway? Rob and James are in Bloomington as student-athletes, and it seems as though TB is in the process of preparing to move on.

It certainly sounds more and more like Bryant has decided to give up on attending classes.

If Bryant has given up on school then it's best that he moves on with his basketball career imo. I don't expect our guys to be rocket scientists, but it doesn't take much effort to show up for class and at least pretend to be a student. Good for the other two guys for still taking it seriously. 

Not one bit worried about a player who feels he is ready yet wasn't ready to lead. Be 6'10", pretend you belong on the premier. 100% sure IU brings toughness next year - not a perceived vision concocted by a soft coach and softer player

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

· Miller isn’t anticipating that the scholarship situation – the Hoosiers are currently oversigned – being a major problem. “We’ll sort it out. We inherited it and we’ll fix it.”
I love he didn't say it will work itself out he said we will sort it out and we will fix it

I guess I can't fully love it.   After listening to his press conference he said it both ways  Lol

1 hour ago, Tom White said:

It certainly sounds more and more like Bryant has decided to give up on attending classes.

I'm fine with it. Really don't think TB and Archie's demeanors mesh well. Archie has a no BS attitude and expects that from his players. I really like our team even without TB in the fold. 

I'm fine with it. Really don't think TB and Archie's demeanors mesh well. Archie has a no BS attitude and expects that from his players. I really like our team even without TB in the fold. 

Totally agree. TB is gone.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is it bad that I totally want TB back as a player, but could care less if he leaves because I won't have to see him flop all over the floor and complain about every foul called on him and every foul not called on an opponent?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed. His lack of defensive effort really makes me care less if he comes back or not. I know that will be one less leader on the floor, but I'm not sure (assuming we get RoJo back) his leadership/scoring outweighs his defensive liability.

1 hour ago, Uwe Robb said:

Is it bad that I totally want TB back as a player, but could care less if he leaves because I won't have to see him flop all over the floor and complain about every foul called on him and every foul not called on an opponent?

Hoping Archie doesnt put up with that stuff.

1 hour ago, Uwe Robb said:

I was actually okay with it last year because it at least showed that he cared about it.  Too many of guys who didn't seem to.