Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

There's a saying that I'll paraphrase:

"When you feel like one other person is being an @$$ to you, it might be that person, but when everyone thinks you're an @$$?
It's you.

(of course)

Go on.

26 minutes ago, drewheck said:

Its on the day thing in the bubbles at the top lyle is in all iu gear

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using BtownBanners mobile app

What is this about? I know players hang out and whatever- but a conference opponent "working out" there and wearing IU stuff? I don't know about that. I sure wouldn't want IU players in Columbus wearing OSU crap, that would piss me off.

14 minutes ago, drewheck said:

I didnt know that, that would have been so much easier to go back and double check

I didn't notice it until a couple weeks ago or so. From what I've gathered if a profile pic has a gray circle around it that person has a story posted. 

image.thumb.png.a781865376f67ac484a5aaebada5ce22.png

What is this about? I know players hang out and whatever- but a conference opponent "working out" there and wearing IU stuff? I don't know about that. I sure wouldn't want IU players in Columbus wearing OSU crap, that would piss me off.

Me too only thing i can think of is he was here for little 5 and staying with jbj and needed clothes to play a pickup game in

I would agree except the way the game is called and the rules they have in place, I don't see how that legitimately is done to any large degree.  No reset magnifies a couple of questionable early calls in a half.  I'm for reducing the effects of TV Teddies out there.

As am I. My comment is not meant to say the officials have no culpability in number of fouls called..
Especially those called when no one gets touched. I've seen over the years a player get a foul called on him simply by running by the offensive player on a fast break . But defense can be played with out fouling.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Lyle was in town for little 5. He was out at the bars with JBJ, Yogi, et al.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

All these players from other teams coming to iu to party makes you wonder how crean wiffed on all these players ive seen pictures every year

It's somewhat irrelevant because he isn't tying up a scholly but have their been any rumblings about McRoberts status for next season?  Given the minutes he played for us last season, it's really a shame there isn't room to give him a scholly for next season.  In terms of on-court value, he's more deserving than MSB - yes, I know I've just committed an act of heresy - and certainly more deserving than Gelon.

This would be the example where only having 12 scholarships on the roster coming into play. Give it to a kid who has earned it through practice, make a big deal about it being a feel good story.

Cool seeing all the assistants in the video. It seemed like Green had good body language in the clip, which is important imo since it seemed like he had checked out last year. Archie even snuck in a partial smile.

image.thumb.png.b18466be68b38ad4d2f12ab48d9718c1.png

43 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This would be the example where only having 12 scholarships on the roster coming into play. Give it to a kid who has earned it through practice, make a big deal about it being a feel good story.

Yep I wanted to give the scholarship we used on Gelon or McSwain on Niego but nope...