Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

I challenge any of you millennial fans to go back 40 no 50 years and show me how the game has got better since all the rule changes. The liberal money mongers arguments were, this will speed the game up, games will get over in two hours or less, higher scoring, better quality of basketball. Show how any of this is true today. games today take just as long or longer. Jump ball have been replaced by meaningless tv timeouts that only benefit the hype and the pipes in the office.

This was not done for the athletes, all it has done is made a slew of clowning cry babies. wile you are at it check to see how the scoring has increased over the last 40 years and also see how many more turn overs are averaged per game. Check it all, but don't spend to much time researching it you might actually learn something about the game.

And for all of you crying for Archie to get Oh romeo oh romeo I say no just get the player that does all the right things. I have watched him play twice and was not impressed either time.      

I challenge any of you millennial fans to go back 40 no 50 years and show me how the game has got better since all the rule changes. The liberal money mongers arguments were, this will speed the game up, games will get over in two hours or less, higher scoring, better quality of basketball. Show how any of this is true today. games today take just as long or longer. Jump ball have been replaced by meaningless tv timeouts that only benefit the hype and the pipes in the office.
This was not done for the athletes, all it has done is made a slew of clowning cry babies. wile you are at it check to see how the scoring has increased over the last 40 years and also see how many more turn overs are averaged per game. Check it all, but don't spend to much time researching it you might actually learn something about the game.
And for all of you crying for Archie to get Oh romeo oh romeo I say no just get the player that does all the right things. I have watched him play twice and was not impressed either time.      

Lmfao go to bed old man

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My main reason is that fouls being reset would be a huge improvement for those games where teams enter the double bonus with 13+ minutes still left to go in the game.

I don't understand the commercial complaint... there's going to be commercials... switching to quarters won't change that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe teams shouldn't foul. Then the point is moot. I am against reset.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Joe DeLow said:

Teams waiting 15 seconds to start their offense is the problem. We saw it often with Indiana under Crean. If it wasn't a fast break, they didn't set an offense until half the clock or more was gone. Teams would have to be quicker on offense. Not necessarily shooting, but in movement, passing and running their offense. Getting rid of the incredibly slow working offenses. A high school flex offense becomes almost obsolete.

It's not that Crean's offense waited to set up, the problem with his abomination of a half court offense is that if the first look wasn't there the only other option was to dribble the air out until a forced shot or turn it over.

That's not a shot clock issue.

A lot of good points. Wilt scored 100 under those arcane rules

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

And your stance is quite possibly the most idiotic and non-sensical thought process of anyone I have ever saw on a message board. Btw, your issue with the shot clock not speeding up the game is just dumb. The game is still two halves of 20 minutes. Money. Yeah money actually means something. It is how you are able to watch and ***** about this stuff. Other than that I got nothing. It was the most idiotic thing I have ever read and I may actually be dumber for having read it. If I am not clear enough, I completely disagree with your thought process and your general outlook on life. Enjoy your soup and cracker dinner in the retirement home, while remembering youth is on my side.

Of course it is, because you say so. Wow now lets all go to are safe spaces kids.

And this is fighting in today's dream world. I rest my case.

In my opinion:

It is extraordinarily sad that you think that anyone who calls you out for being a complete, name calling, politics-inferring JERK... is somehow an indication that the world is super-sensitive.

People have ALWAYS shunned the opinions of complete jerks. There is no element of "liberal money mongering", and there no "safe spaces" "snowflakes", "alt-right", "alt-left", "far right wackos" "bleeding hearts" or alt anythings in the equation.

Just you... being a complete jerk.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

In my opinion:

It is extraordinarily sad that you think that anyone who calls you out for being a complete, name calling, politics-inferring JERK... is somehow an indication that the world is super-sensitive.

People have ALWAYS shunned the opinions of complete jerks. There is no element of "liberal money mongering", and there no "safe spaces" "snowflakes", "alt-right", "alt-left", "far right wackos" "bleeding hearts" or alt anythings in the equation.

Just you... being a complete jerk.

Of course 

1 hour ago, iufaninillinois said:

Maybe teams shouldn't foul. Then the point is moot. I am against reset.

I would agree except the way the game is called and the rules they have in place, I don't see how that legitimately is done to any large degree.  No reset magnifies a couple of questionable early calls in a half.  I'm for reducing the effects of TV Teddies out there.