Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Geez, I'd been offline for a few hours and came here to see if there were any updates/inside poop on Robert Johnson, James Blackmon Jr., and/or Thomas Bryant and I'm seeing a couple pages about quarters vs. halves, resetting fouls, free throws, commercials and officiating. How'd it get this far off track??? LOL! 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Geez, I'd been offline for a few hours and came here to see if there were any updates/inside poop on Robert Johnson, James Blackmon Jr., and/or Thomas Bryant and I'm seeing a couple pages about quarters vs. halves, resetting fouls, free throws, commercials and officiating. How'd it get this far off track??? LOL! 

I thought the same thing haha. First time I've been on here all day and I see this huge discussion about quarters

1 minute ago, the possum said:

I hate the shot clock, alternating possession, and all of these tv timeouts. the game is pretty much ruined to much like NBA  which is just horrible basketball or street ball. 

Lol. Yeah, lets get rid of the shot clock entirely. I want 10-9 ball games. SO much better

I hate the shot clock, alternating possession, and all of these tv timeouts. the game is pretty much ruined to much like NBA  which is just horrible basketball or street ball. 

Oh those 1950's. They were truly the golden era of basketball. How I miss those days.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The shot clock is to low. Pretty soon college will be like the nba.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

30 seconds down from 35 bothers you that much? I honestly did not notice any offenses rushed. Only thing I noticed was a couple of teams starting their offenses a couple of seconds earlier.

30 seconds down from 35 bothers you that much? I honestly did not notice any offenses rushed. Only thing I noticed was a couple of teams starting their offenses a couple of seconds earlier.

It was 45 to 35 to 30. Pretty soon it will be 25 and it will be nba ball.

Plenty of points were put up without a shot clock. 45 seconds was perfect imo.

Jesus, what on the offensive end takes 45 seconds you can't get in 30? That is way too long. I hope they don't go to 24, but would rather that than 45.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I forgot that they even changed the shot clock to 30 seconds in all honesty. The game didn't seem any different to me. 

Jesus, what on the offensive end takes 45 seconds you can't get in 30? That is way too long. I hope they don't go to 24, but would rather that than 45.

Agree, 30 seconds isn't bad but if they go to 24... I think I would rather have 45 than 24. I think in college, more so than the NBA, it would be a track meet with the ball being thrown at the basket every few seconds.

25 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Nah, basketball is much better when one team realizes they are outmatched talent wise, so they hold the ball for 30 seconds before even getting into their offense. 

Agree, 30 seconds isn't bad but if they go to 24... I think I would rather have 45 than 24. I think in college, more so than the NBA, it would be a track meet with the ball being thrown at the basket every few seconds.

I see them going to quarters first to be like every other level. I truly think 30 is a good number. People have to want to pay to watch NCAA anymore. To do that 59-56 isn't going to do as well as 82-79.

I see them going to quarters first to be like every other level. I truly think 30 is a good number. People have to want to pay to watch NCAA anymore. To do that 59-56 isn't going to do as well as 82-79.

My preference is to see good offense run. 24 seconds would force too much iso. Teams will get their offense started with 15-18 seconds to go and run one set. If that set isn't there it's a one on one. To the casual fan that might be great because more points will be scored. I would hate it though. I guess if it makes the NCAA more money they'll look into it. It's about the student athletes and game and nothing to do with making boatloads of money. /s