Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe he will be leaving because he will be getting a college degree, and he wants to play pro ball while his knees still allow him to do so.

Just sayin'.

It'll be interesting to see if he tries the D League and hopes for a Troy/Yogi like outcome or if he takes the overseas money and runs. His family is pretty well off so I could see him doing the  former and hoping to fulfill a lifelong dream. 

^^^^Or six figures in Europe. Guys as talented as Blackmon can make a lot of money overseas. 

Exactly. Reports are Tyler Dorsey from Oregon who declared w/ agent has at least one offer from a Greek team for several hundred thousand dollars. For talented kids who can't improve their stock much, it's a hell of a backup plan if the NBA doesn't work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ramadden13 said:

Exactly. Reports are Tyler Dorsey from Oregon who declared w/ agent has at least one offer from a Greek team for several hundred thousand dollars. For talented kids who can't improve their stock much, it's a hell of a backup plan if the NBA doesn't work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, and you get to spend your twenties living large in Europe. Pretty awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Sam_Boger said:

Clifton Moore reaffirmed commitment per Brian Snow

I'll admit, I thought we'd lose Moore.  So when do we get the word on whose scholly's Durham, Smith and Moore are getting?  

Getting these 3 young men to remain committed to IU is also a big feather in CAM's recruiting cap.  If he could convince them (plus Hartman) to stick with the program in the face of the coaching change and obvious oversigned situation, I feel really good that he'll be able to recruit the level of talent we'll need in the future.

21 hours ago, connchr71 said:

What exactly is Blackmon leaving for?????  D league? maybe play on someones summer league team? China? Greece? France?  How can anybody think he is anything more?

If he's as bad as some say he is I'm not sure why we WOULDN'T want him to leave. Personally, I think he can be a very solid contributor but if he chooses to leave and begin the next stage if life I don't blame him at all. At worst he can probably see the world some and experience a lot of good things all while making a very solid living playing a game he enjoys. It's a win-win for the guy. 

Any word on Clifton Moore yet? Doesn't IU have until tomorrow to release him from his LOI?

Several very recent reports via twitter say he's all in on Indiana.

From Jeremy Price:
Looks like all the #iubb recruits are staying. That means current Hoosiers must be going, pro or otherwise.