Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

1 hour ago, Zach Farmer said:

Blackmon always wanted to go pro and my gut says Bryant is leaving cause of the scholarship situation

Blackmon wanted to be one and done. And Bryant could stay and be the 13th scholarship. Clifton Moore is no guarantee

1 hour ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I think he is saying Moore doesn't want to redshirt... so if CAM pushed the redshirt then Moore decides on his own to not attend IU. Makes it look like CAM really wanted him and didn't push him out nor have to get rid of somebody else already on scholarship.

Thank you very much.  You did a far better job of explaining what my intended point was.  And Kepner you are correct, a redshirt is still a scholly.  

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thank you very much.  You did a far better job of explaining what my intended point was.  And Kepner you are correct, a redshirt is still a scholly.  

Moore seems like a perfect redshirt scenario.  I really liked how Ryan used redshirts at Wisky, and the fact that this is even on the table makes me happy. By all indications Cujo would have been a redshirt under a coach like Ryan and by his second season more than likely a real factor. Same with Hartman in my opinion. I understand many players would not want to go this route, but look a player like Happ. He was not ready immediately and now is arguably one of the best big men in the country next season. Certainly one of the best in the big ten. 

I think Moore is a lot more ready to contribute than most think. Bossi mentioned he wouldn't be surprised by a jump in the top 80 for the final rankings. TB is probably gonna leave IMO, so we will need Moore. Even if TB comes back and a injury happens we will be thin on depth.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Moore is a lot more ready to contribute than most think. Bossi mentioned he wouldn't be surprised by a jump in the top 80 for the final rankings. TB is probably gonna leave IMO, so we will need Moore. Even if TB comes back and a injury happens we will be thin on depth.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree really starting to think only johnson of the three come back. Be nice to get a grad transfer also.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

I agree really starting to think only johnson of the three come back. Be nice to get a grad transfer also.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If JBJ and TB leave, along with OG -- and Moore, Smith and Durham come in, that puts us at the limit. There wouldn't be room for a grad transfer. 

For the sake of assuming...

Let's say TB, OG, and JB leave. Clifton then joins. (TB should come back but I'm not feeling it if he gets half decent NBA feedback)

Newkirk-----Green (I'd like to see Green get more minutes)
Rojo-------CuJo , Durham, Gelon
Hartman ------Smith
Juwan-----McSwain
DD------Clifton, Priller

We will struggle vs athletic teams and teams with size. We don't have much proven shooting or much athleticism. We do have solid performers and a formidable starting 5 with VERY limited depth. Archie is going to have to coach his @$$ off if this is our projected lineup.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For the sake of assuming...

Let's say TB, OG, and JB leave. Clifton then joins. (TB should come back but I'm not feeling it if he gets half decent NBA feedback)

Newkirk-----Green (I'd like to see Green get more minutes)
Rojo-------CuJo , Durham, Gelon
Hartman ------Smith
Juwan-----McSwain
DD------Clifton, Priller

We will struggle vs athletic teams and teams with size. We don't have much proven shooting or much athleticism. We do have solid performers and a formidable starting 5 with VERY limited depth. Archie is going to have to coach his @$$ off if this is our projected lineup.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Green should start. And we will need Smith or Moore able to contribute if we want to have a decent rotation. 

Looking rough. 

This is why IU has a new coach. To actually help the players and put them in winnable positions. If OG, Blackmon and Bryant all leave, I have complete faith in Archie to succeed next season. With that said, I say Blackmon is the only one with a chance to leave between him and Bryant

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The Bryant decision is so huge for next season. While he should certainly do what is best for him, IU could really use him back for another season. 

With what appears to be a weaker draft and salary caps going up you would think coming back would be the smart move. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The Bryant decision is so huge for next season. While he should certainly do what is best for him, IU could really use him back for another season. 

If we have to choose Bryant for next season or Clifton Moore, what would we want? Bryant would obviously make us better next year.

Completely agree, and this is the reason I believe he returns for a junior year. He knows he needs to work on somethings and IU needs him another year.

Edit: I've commented on his immaturity enough that I've questioned my maturity for it. However, the kid loves college and IU.

1 hour ago, ramadden13 said:

If we have to choose Bryant for next season or Clifton Moore, what would we want? Bryant would obviously make us better next year.

That's tough. Is Bryant's impact next year higher than Moore's over his entire career? Moore has the potential to be great in college, but it's all potential. We already know what Bryant can give us. My biggest concern with Moore is that he's really skinny, but it looks like he's putting on some mass. I think I'd rather have TB, but it's a tough choice.