Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Since Hartman has graduated does he need to be on scholarship or could he give it up and play as a walk on?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe we could work something like that out but I don't see Archie wanting to have a depth chart nightmare and a 12 man rotation. A few of these kids that are happy now might not be when we settle into a 9 man rotation next year.

Injuries, however are always the xfactor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, AFISH said:

Not sure if Hartman playing as a walk on has been mentioned but that maybe an option that is not being mentioned.

10 hours ago, mdn82 said:

That won't happen. He can continue on with his grad degree at this point.

With the rumors that he had a good job if he wasn't welcomed back to the roster next year, its 99.9% unlikely that he would announce his return without being guaranteed a free ride for the season.

With the rumors that he had a good job if he wasn't welcomed back to the roster next year, its 99.9% unlikely that he would announce his return without being guaranteed a free ride for the season.

Maybe his future employer has a good tuition reimbursement program.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

13 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If Clifton Moore comes to IU, then 3 players are gonna have to leave. OG is already gone so we need two more. I think it would be either Gelon and Priller or Gelon and Blackmon

Bryant and Blackmon will leave and Moore will round out the 13th and final scholarship

I like the potential of Moore as it is great having a big to develop on the bench but if he comes I am fearing it means TB won't be back--I sure would like to see what Archie could do with the big fella (TB) for a year. Obviously Coach has a plan that will soon become a lot more clear!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If CAM is concerned about being in an oversigned position, and I'm still not convinced he is, there is 1 possibility for relief.  From Moore's quotes, it sounds like redshirting is a no-no in his mind.  So, all CAM has to do is push the fact we want him at IU but he needs a redshirt year.  If it is a big deal to Moore then 1 less oversigned issue.  If he still wants to come to IU, we're in no worse position than we are right now and we just have to wait for the dominoes.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If CAM is concerned about being in an oversigned position, and I'm still not convinced he is, there is 1 possibility for relief.  From Moore's quotes, it sounds like redshirting is a no-no in his mind.  So, all CAM has to do is push the fact we want him at IU but he needs a redshirt year.  If it is a big deal to Moore then 1 less oversigned issue.  If he still wants to come to IU, we're in no worse position than we are right now and we just have to wait for the dominoes.

Moore had asked to be released from his LOI. If CAM were concerned about being oversigned, I would think he would just grant him the release. I have a feeling CAM has a pretty good idea of who's staying and who's going. Otherwise, he would just forget Moore. Unless he knows something (which he must), there would be no reason to continue to pursue Moore. 

38 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I think Blackmon gone is way more likely than Bryant. I don't see how Bryant is gone though

Blackmon always wanted to go pro and my gut says Bryant is leaving cause of the scholarship situation

45 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm pretty sure even if a player redshirted, they still count against the scholarship numbers. So having Moore come in and automatically redshirt would not "solve" anything.

8 minutes ago, Kepner said:

I'm pretty sure even if a player redshirted, they still count against the scholarship numbers. So having Moore come in and automatically redshirt would not "solve" anything.

I think he is saying Moore doesn't want to redshirt... so if CAM pushed the redshirt then Moore decides on his own to not attend IU. Makes it look like CAM really wanted him and didn't push him out nor have to get rid of somebody else already on scholarship.

The oversigning problem stinks, but it's a lot better than the mass exodus I was expecting if Crean had stayed. Losing both TB and JBJ would stink for next year, but it would be better for us in the long run imo.