Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

6 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Not always true or I think Troy would've been drafted. He's always had the potential to do great things but his skill set looked like he was Europe bound. 

I think the potential argument for OG would be that he has shown the potential for a shot and his defense. In Troy's case, in college what you saw was what you got. He didn't shoot much and when he did it wasn't pretty. His defense lacked as well. So from the NBA perspective there wasn't much potential to grow there. Im glad he worked on his shooting and has gotten a few chances to show who he is.

It sucks we'll never get to see OG really shine and reach his full potential here.  I really wish we could have seen him come back and make the same sophomore-to-junior leap that Oladipo did, but it definitely makes more sense for him to go pro now.
Elite programs put guys into the NBA draft on a consistent basis.  This should only help with recruiting.

Yep would been fun to have OG back. I am hoping BRYANT comes back though at least.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It sucks we'll never get to see OG really shine and reach his full potential here.  I really wish we could have seen him come back and make the same sophomore-to-junior leap that Oladipo did, but it definitely makes more sense for him to go pro now.
Elite programs put guys into the NBA draft on a consistent basis.  This should only help with recruiting.

My belief is you need a few of those guys who you'll never see reach their potential mixed with upperclassman that have reached their potential to compete for a title. I like following Cody, Gordon, and Vonleh in the NBA but I feel more of a connection to the Yogi's and Oladipo's.

5 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

I think for this season it will still be called "creaned".  Crean did create this mess, just ain't around to clean it up!  Hopefully this is the last time it happens for a very long time.

Is the next phrase going to be something like "Milled"? Since he is a miller?

<_<    >_>

I'll see my self out...

21 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Maybe a year of prep ball at one of those fine basketball factories then be a member of the 2018 class.

It is interesting that he is still going after players with the over-signed situation. But, we are speculating and he has actually talked to all the players. It's quite possible that he knows of some departures and has told them they are welcome to participate in workouts and team activities until they are actually done with school.

IU used to have no fans of HYPE now we have a majority of hype fans. We used to scold the media for the dumb questions and the idiotic statements, now we buy in and we hang on to every letter of bull crap put on the net and in print. Why?

You really think the morons writing this stuff knows more about the game then a person paid to be in charge? Come on man wake up!

Miller has not coached a game at IU and you all are hailing him as the next coming. I will not buy into one word he says until he is proven worthy. Until he proves he can win with less, until he proves he can demand smart selfless basketball, until he proves that pine time is the best motivator, until he proves he can win the wright way the IU way and not the scum bag way the media buys into at places like Kentucky, Kansas and North Carolina. 

The good people in the media are supposed to be there to protect the game for the fans, not teach the game to the guys being paid on the sidelines. Find the scum and bring them into the light. What happened to telling the story instead of every story becoming an opinion piece? We all know that the media looks the other way for big programs in all the major collegiate sports. 

The scum and corruption is everywhere in sports, but if it is pointed out it does not fit the narrative being spewed by the elite, I want you to win coach, but above all I want you to do it the IU way, but to do that you have to be able to win with less, especially today with all the scum corrupting the game.