Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Sure...maybe. Clifton's size, length, and shooting ability are intriguing. But...even now that he's done with his senior year, he's still not able to assert himself in low-end AAU tournaments. From last weekend:

The nightcap at the Donofrio Classic on Tuesday seesawed into the final moments before Evan-Eric Longino helped his Del Val VC team close out a 88-84 first-round victory over Hunting Park II. Longino, a senior guard from Germantown Academy and a West Chester commit, finished with a game-high 22 points and sank two victory-clinching free throws with 5.2 seconds remaining. Lower Merion’s Terrell Jones (14 points) and Wissahickon’s Shane Ford (13 points) helped complement Longino on the offensive end, while Hatboro-Horsham forward Clifton Moore anchored Del Val VC’s 2-3 zone.  Moore had five points in his squad’s win over Hunting Park II

We are in a position to be choosey this year. We should choose the 6'7" ultra-athletic, 22 ppg, 10 rpg, Illinois 1st team all-state player first.

He would've had more than 5 points if his teammates knew how good he is. 

2 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

That interview alone makes me almost happy if he doesn't end up here. Most arrogant thing I've heard from a recruit.

Yeah like I get that 17 year old kids aren't always going to say the right thing, but that one was pretty bad.. I hope someone got in his ear afterwards and let him know that that's something you don't say even if it's how you feel.

Yeah like I get that 17 year old kids aren't always going to say the right thing, but that one was pretty bad.. I hope someone got in his ear afterwards and let him know that that's something you don't say even if it's how you feel.

Exactly no matter how you feel you keep your teammates out of the interviews.

Smith > Moore. Moore is a soft stretch 4 that doesn't want to play down low at all. If we had an open scholly for him then I would take a flyer but we don't and I don't think we will. Does he have potential? Yes he does but he also seems to have a sense of entitlement to go along with him being soft.

11 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Give me the 4 star with the Villanova offer.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Four stars with a Nova offer...That was both Smith and Moore!

BTW: Moore's teammates don't get him the ball because they "don't know how good he is."

Smith's teammates?

On what he wants to show in his final high school season and his individual and team goals:

“As a player, I just want to get better at creating my own shot and being able to be counted on by my team to go get a basket or go make a big play. As a team, our goal is to win a state championship. That’s what I’m looking forward to.”

BTW: Moore's teammates don't get him the ball because they "don't know how good he is."
Smith's teammates?

On what he wants to show in his final high school season and his individual and team goals:

“As a player, I just want to get better at creating my own shot and being able to be counted on by my team to go get a basket or go make a big play. As a team, our goal is to win a state championship. That’s what I’m looking forward to.”

To be fair, based on the scores, Moore's teammates are probably complete and utter

I recall many scores in the 20/30's where Moore pretty much scored or assisted on everything lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Smith's teammates?

Nova never offered Moore.

Nova 2017 Offers List: http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/222/class/2017/page/offers

Albers reports (I know --take it for whatever it's worth) RoJo is coming back. We expected this but it is great it is starting to become more official--at least as official as Albers can be. We get RoJo a little more consistent and he can be an elite defender and dependable scorer. I love the work Archie is putting in to keep the talent we have that already beat the National Champion. We will be competitive this next season. Like I posted earlier --looks like we are getting the band back together to make sweet music! Go Hoosiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was a Pizza Express guy.  I'd get the "Big Ten" for $8.88.  Large sausage pizza, breadsticks, and two drinks.  Eat half for dinner and the other half for lunch the next day.  I thought it became Hotbox Pizza?

Interesting to hear Archie say that Justin Smith is just 50/50, although maybe he was just being political.  Also interesting to hear him all but confirm that there won't be any transfers as far as he can tell.

I was a Pizza Express guy.  I'd get the "Big Ten" for $8.88.  Large sausage pizza, breadsticks, and two drinks.  Eat half for dinner and the other half for lunch the next day.  I thought it became Hotbox Pizza?

Interesting to hear Archie say that Justin Smith is just 50/50, although maybe he was just being political.  Also interesting to hear him all but confirm that there won't be any transfers as far as he can tell.

I think he was saying that the chances all 3 come back are 50/50, not Smith specifically, but maybe I didn't interpret that in the right way.

I'm jealous of that pizza deal though. The same thing at pizza x is $16 now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app