Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

I'm excited for the direction we're going, but some of this talk is nuts. It's looking like we'll have the same guys, minus 1 or 2 of our best players. Archie is (probably) better than Crean, but Crean wasn't wholly ineffective. And remember these guys stunk. These exact players, and lost repeatedly.

I think it would be wise to temper expectations for a few years.

13 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Hahahaha I am saving this. I can't wait to see how many he got wrong. This list is terrible.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Lol, the comments from the Purdue fans on that comment section. Such a delusional group of fans. Biggie is a huge loss, dude was the only guy on their roster last year that was consistently an issue. Haas, meh dude is just real big, not really too much of someone you have to change everything around. You don't completely collapse the defense on him like you did on Biggie, they won't have nearly as many open threes as they did this year

I'm excited for the direction we're going, but some of this talk is nuts. It's looking like we'll have the same guys, minus 1 or 2 of our best players. Archie is (probably) better than Crean, but Crean wasn't wholly ineffective. And remember these guys stunk. These exact players, and lost repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

But--we lost repeatedly by just a FEW points. Wouldn't take much to turn it around. I am optimistic...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed. Last year people were saying it was creans best team ever,etc. I think we should be good but we still dont know yet

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Replace wholly for mostly- scratch the rest. Team was mostly ineffective due to selfishness and/or lack of leadership. Kids want and need to be led- they were not and therefore, went in individual directions that were not good for the "team". It's on tape and irrefutable.

1 hour ago, indy317219 said:

Trimble announced and is signing with agent

That's great and probably means Maryland is a total non-contender. They do have a good freshman big man coming in, but nobody I've heard compares him to Diamond Stone.

This team didn't lack talent. They seemed to lack a way as the season progressed. I imagine if most of them return and buy in we'll see a team that finishes in the top 5 of the conference.

I said it at the beginning of last season if Hartman and RoJo stepped up and the team followed they would have a tremendous season. If JBJ and TB were the leaders we would struggle. Unfortunately, the team got a double dose of inability to lead peers out of a wet paper sack.

It'll be interesting to see if captains are named and if true leaders emerge. The talent will still be there. If Archie and a few team captains can instill that "you'll have to kill me to break me" mentality this team can accomplish some high goals.

A lot of roster movement is gonna happen between now and the start of next year. I know he said way to early list but wow.

IMHO as of right now.

1. MSU
2. Minnesota
3. Northwestern
4. IU
5. Purdue
6. Wisconsin

That is the only thing I am comfortable with predicting at the moment. Wisconsin still has Happ and 6th is the furthest I can say Wisky falls back. Michigan and Iowa can both sneak in that area. PSU will be much improved and could as well. I think this league will be very balanced next year. Nebraska adds two solid transfers. Who knows what is going to happen.

Makai Ashton Langford just requested a release from UCONN. That kid is a immediate impact type point guard. I would absolutely love to take him!! Gonna be a long list for him though. Lots of talent in the open market. Wish we could find out what TB is gonna do and if anyone is transferring to decide soon so we can get some of these kids. Makai or Tremont would do wonders here.

2 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Lol, the comments from the Purdue fans on that comment section. Such a delusional group of fans. Biggie is a huge loss, dude was the only guy on their roster last year that was consistently an issue. Haas, meh dude is just real big, not really too much of someone you have to change everything around. You don't completely collapse the defense on him like you did on Biggie, they won't have nearly as many open threes as they did this year

Vince Edwards was good for them after struggling a little at the beginning of the season.

3 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Vince Edwards was good for them after struggling a little at the beginning of the season.

Yeah. I think he'll be good. But Biggie is the type of guy you have to gameplan around....... Purdue shot amazing from three last year because they were getting so many good open looks. Just don't see it happening again without Biggie

I'm not buying them. People thought we would be awesome this year. Talent dies not equate to wins.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Pitino actually teaches defense. And does not have the turnovers we do. Minnesota will have one pg who is All B1G worthy and another pg who is veeery good. Add reigning DPOY in Lynch and that usually equals at the very least mild success. Amir is probably going to be taking a big step as well. They have all 3 levels. A point, a wing and a big.