Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

So, I'm in my IUbb think tank...

Say JBJ OG and TB do go pro and we're left with:

1/PG)Newkirk
SG)RoJo
SF)Collin
PF)Juwan
PF/5)Davis

6th Man)Green
Rotation: CuJo, Justin Smith, McSwain

I'd want Archie to prioritize either keeping Clifton Moore/finding another grad transfer big man like Bielfeldt, and nabbing/keeping a young point guard to develop.

Am I wrong for not hating that roster though? I doubt it would win a B1G title, but with the stability of 3 seniors in the lineup (Collin, Josh and Rob), it could place top 5 in conference and take a 6 or 7 seed (maybe even sneak onto the 5 line if we win a big game or two and the B1G is up again next year).

This has probably been written here before so I apologize ahead of time, but RoJo I think suffered because of Crean more than anyone. With Yogi, he seemed to have a position (2 guard) in the 'positionless' basketball scheme. This was due to Yogi being THE PG. Newkirk, though, struggles at point and Aron was asked to pick up the slack but was mostly left in limbo for the season not really knowing his role and explaining his disinterest. I think a lot of what plagues Crean was that there were expectations for the players that A) they couldn't match or B) they did not know. I strongly believe Archie's philosophy will have clearly defined expectations for his players.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1/PG)Newkirk
SG)RoJo
SF)Collin
PF)Juwan
PF/5)Davis

6th Man)Green

I'd want Archie to prioritize either keeping Clifton Moore/finding another grad transfer big man like Bielfeldt, and nabbing/keeping a young point guard to develop.

Am I wrong for not hating that roster though? I doubt it would win a B1G title, but with the stability of 3 seniors in the lineup (Collin, Josh and Rob), it could place top 5 in conference and take a 6 or 7 seed (maybe even sneak onto the 5 line if we win a big game or two and the B1G is up again next year).

I think we would get several grad transfers if need be. Hartman coming back is big and i do think wr male the dance ever without jbj and og.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I thinks its funny as heck some of you guys are letting 18 year olds mess with you on twitter.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Reck.... 18 y/o's???
Come on...... Everybody knows it's the Russians toying with us. They interjected that Billy D. Fake news too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

1/PG)Newkirk
SG)RoJo
SF)Collin
PF)Juwan
PF/5)Davis

6th Man)Green

My concern with that lineup is can Juwan and Collin stay healthy?

9 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

If RoJo and JBJ do leave there is a great fit out there as a grad guy. Egor Koulechov from Rice is transferring. Is possible he goes pro, but we shall see.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Please tell me his name is pronounced "eye-gor"....

"I ain't got no booody!"

Please tell me his name is pronounced "eye-gor"....
"I ain't got no booody!"

Lol no idea, but I saw his 18 & 8 averages and had to youtube him. Borzello thinks he will play pro ball overseas or transfer so NBA really isn't a possibility I guess. 8 rebounds a game at his size. Sign me up.

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

With no back-up center Davis needs to stay healthy too. Or else it's back to Collin playing center and I doubt that is what he's coming back for.  

Well I'll take the headache of potential injuries over the headache of knowing we may not even have a complete roster like what happened in 2008

21 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

We will be top 25 no doubt. A Sweet Sixteen isn't crazy talk, but would take a lot of pieces to fit together. Most of these kids are upperclassmen so it is gonna be hard to just play a different way and pick it up instantly.

I expect Devonte to make huge strides though.

I agree we'll be a Top 25 team. But this idiot doesn't think so: http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/3/28/15076536/way-too-early-2017-18-big-ten-power-rankings-predictions-projections-minnesota-maryland-purdue-iowa

I think Purdue will finish ahead of Maryland, even if Trimble doesn't go pro. Purdue brings almost everybody back other than Swanigan. Minnesota first? No way that I can see that. I'd pick them 5th or 6th. And apparently the writer got caught up in Michigan's late run and forgot this was an 8th-place team that loses Walton and Novak, the guys who make that offense go. Right now I would say Purdue and Michigan State should be the favorites, but watch out for the Hoosiers.

29 minutes ago, incrediboy said:

I agree we'll be a Top 25 team. But this idiot doesn't think so: http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/3/28/15076536/way-too-early-2017-18-big-ten-power-rankings-predictions-projections-minnesota-maryland-purdue-iowa

I think Purdue will finish ahead of Maryland, even if Trimble doesn't go pro. Purdue brings almost everybody back other than Swanigan. Minnesota first? No way that I can see that. I'd pick them 5th or 6th. And apparently the writer got caught up in Michigan's late run and forgot this was an 8th-place team that loses Walton and Novak, the guys who make that offense go. Right now I would say Purdue and Michigan State should be the favorites, but watch out for the Hoosiers.

Wow I think this guy is way off.I know it's early, but I'm not that high on Iowa and Maryland. Think Minnesota, Michigan State and Northwestern will be better. Indiana and Wisconsin may be "sleepers". Still a long way to go. 

Hahahaha I am saving this. I can't wait to see how many he got wrong. This list is terrible.