Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

4 minutes ago, barrettballer said:

Question... if everyone comes back and I mean everyone, OG, JBJ etc. How would the scholarships work? I know Smith signed his NLI so he's coming but what happens if we don't have room?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Somebody get kicked off the boat.

If anyone is gone, it's more than likely Gelon. I don't see him being rotation player at all for the next three years.

I know some DII coaches that were watching Gelon, same tournaments Crean was at recruiting him and they (DII coaches) told me that after scouting him for awhile they didn't see anywhere on their team where he would be able to contribute and be beneficial so they didn't even try to recruit him.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Justin Smith all that much, but the kids legit. Insane athlete, kid can jump out of his shoes. When I watched him play, he dislocated the rim and they had to stop the game for a few minutes. He could be an awesome multiple year player, especially under Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Justin Smith all that much, but the kids legit. Insane athlete, kid can jump out of his shoes. When I watched him play, he dislocated the rim and they had to stop the game for a few minutes. He could be an awesome multiple year player, especially under Archie.

Did Justin Smith reaffirm his commitment to Archie / iu? He's been awfully quiet

12 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

I know some DII coaches that were watching Gelon, same tournaments Crean was at recruiting him and they (DII coaches) told me that after scouting him for awhile they didn't see anywhere on their team where he would be able to contribute and be beneficial so they didn't even try to recruit him.

I'm not surprised. I'm sure he's a great kid, but he's not Indiana material. 

2 minutes ago, OG's Wingspan said:

I have a friend at Dayton who played a pickup game with Kostas Antetokounmpo and apparently Kostas will probably transfer to IU depending on his impression of Dayton's new head coach. Not super credible but something to watch

Apparently, Dayton is close to hiring Anthony Grant. ... He's a Dayton alum. Did well at VCU; not so well at Alabama. 

FWIW some basic fans tweeted about us being experienced and mentioned OG coming back and his buddy replied OG is going to the league bro in caps and OG liked it. Sounds like he is working on finding an agent right now. Janitors tweet of OG rehabbing in queens was true he was also meeting with potential reps. I didnt think anything of it cause no announcement has been made and that was 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Pretty much 98% of these so called internet connected guys have been flat out wrong the last three weeks. Now he very well may go pro but these internet sources have no credibility with me. Whatever albers says the opposite will happen.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

There will not be any creaning. I assume at least one player transfers. Probably johnson imo.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Why would Johnson transfer and sit out a year? Very unlikely imo.