Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

18 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

I really want OG to return, because I'm a selfish IU fan.  That being said...

OG should care about being a first round pick, not a lottery pick.  That would give him the guaranteed millions for multiple years that should be the baseline for going pro.  Would he make more if he was a lottery pick?  Yes.  But if he were successful in the NBA, he would also have one less prime year in the league to earn big money as a free agent.  That would likely cost him more than the extra money he would earn from being a higher first round pick.

Yeah, with the NBA contracts we've seen recently that first free agent year is big time $$$. The sooner you can get to free agency, the better. Zeller just got $56mm.

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Wouldn't hate on him for leaving but think there are some reasons to stay too. We'll see how all of this plays out. 

Absolutely. If he comes back and has the type of year we're expecting then he'll be a top 5 pick in next year's draft, and he'll likely leave with his degree as well. I think it'll come down to whether he thinks that's worth the risk of another injury. 

6 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Exactly.

James and Thomas should return. Archie will stress it along with the team captain, Collin Hartman.

I'm beyond excited knowing that's a strong possibility. Just the idea of a team potentially having that much talent and athleticism with an actual X's and O's coach like Archie Miller is a breath of fresh air. We could be a top 10 team next season if Miller can get them to buy into his defense 1st mentality.

Just now, Zach Farmer said:

I'm beyond excited knowing that's a strong possibility. Just the idea of a team potentially having that much talent and athleticism with an actual X's and O's coach like Archie Miller is a breath of fresh air. We could be a top 10 team next season if Miller can get them to buy into his defense 1st mentality.

No question about it. Would also be nice to compare the two coaches together. We could end up having damn near the same team back, let's see what Archie can do.

4 minutes ago, Treesh said:

No question about it. Would also be nice to compare the two coaches together. We could end up having damn near the same team back, let's see what Archie can do.

Oh, to the Crean apologists, if they are better it'll be because Hartman is back.

45 minutes ago, goonaha said:

That's fine. My opinion is that the majority of the NBA takes I see here are bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thats fine, in my opinion then, I see your take on the NBA as just as bad.  If you don't like it, don't read it and move on or if you have a different opinion, then provide it and support it with examples, opinion and/or debate.  Otherwise, direct your complaint to the complaint depart.  (By the way, the complaint department is closed)  People who complain just to hear themselves complain are the worst ones!  Like they know it all and everyone else is dumb.  Cmon Man!

7 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Oh, to the Crean apologists, if they are better it'll be because Hartman is back.

Right?

Let me see a efficient offense, improved defense, better rotation, MORE in game adjustments, and I think we'll be set. 

Fan favorite? Come on he's a joke and the fans know it. I'm sure nice kid but at this level a ball boy at best

Well, I would strongly disagree with you. What you suggested will not happen from the coaching side for the very reasons I suggested.

I'm tempering my expectations even with most of the team back. I've heard Coach Miller say multiple times that it takes 2 to 3 years to fully implement his defense and get the players doing what he expects. I think we'll see improvement as the year goes by, but there are a lot of bad habits to unlearn.

FWIW some basic fans tweeted about us being experienced and mentioned OG coming back and his buddy replied OG is going to the league bro in caps and OG liked it. Sounds like he is working on finding an agent right now. Janitors tweet of OG rehabbing in queens was true he was also meeting with potential reps. I didnt think anything of it cause no announcement has been made and that was 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Question... if everyone comes back and I mean everyone, OG, JBJ etc. How would the scholarships work? I know Smith signed his NLI so he's coming but what happens if we don't have room?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Won't happen. OG is gone. JBJ probably as well.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, barrettballer said:

Question... if everyone comes back and I mean everyone, OG, JBJ etc. How would the scholarships work? I know Smith signed his NLI so he's coming but what happens if we don't have room?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Someone is out. Period. If all the current players stay, we don't have a scholly available. The joys of oversigning...