Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

14 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Rumors circulating that OG is "leaning" to enter the draft... not really "breaking news", and most likely, not directly related to Crean's firing... but facts is facts.

Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

OG will be gone. Can't imagine he'd be back. Has too much to risk. If he comes back and has a down year he won't be drafted. He'll still be drafted first round right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed.  I can see have a career much like Jared Jeffries' career - okay offensive player whose defensive abilities facilitate a 10-year run in the League.

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

OG Andy JBJ I have accepted. Really want TB and Hartman back though. 

Then with Davis and hopefully Morgan, Green and Rojo our new coach will have a pretty stellar core

Hartman all but confirmed gone at this point. 

EDIT: Unless we get our homerun hire and he can convince everyone to stay, I don't see Collin staying. 

Lot of other schools have already had underclassmen announced transfers as well as grad transfers announced.  All quiet at IU.  Anyone else mildly surprised?  Yes, I know they don't know who our next coach will be but I would have expected announcements from any players who were that tied to FCTC's apron strings or who were just that unhappy at IU to have already announced.  

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lot of other schools have already had underclassmen announced transfers as well as grad transfers announced.  All quiet at IU.  Anyone else mildly surprised?  Yes, I know they don't know who our next coach will be but I would have expected announcements from any players who were that tied to FCTC's apron strings or who were just that unhappy at IU to have already announced.  

Smart to wait. 

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Odd for sure. UVA has had 3. Looks like our new coach will have a chance at a decent core. 

On 3/23/2017 at 11:49 AM, Erikschn said:

Hartman is definitely gone. I went to school with his fiancé and know her dad. Her dad said that he missed this entire year because of a torn ACL.. and that he won't be returning to Bloomington next year because he has an awesome job offer that he can't turn down.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You get to work your entire adult life, you don't get many chances at playing high D1 college ball.. the kid will have plenty of job offers, regardless of when he wants to take one. I'm happy for him either way, but somebody should talk him into playing. He could easily regret not playing down the road... or maybe that's just how I would feel if I had the opportunity lol.

Jbj just tweeted , expect things to pick up in this department

My first thought was that it meant it was time to look elsewhere.

http://emojipedia.org/eyes/

Eyes
A pair of eyes, glancing slightly to the left on most platforms. The Google version of this emoji previously showed only a single eye, despite the name of this character being eyes (plural).

Sometimes used to indicate ‘pervy eyes’ to indicate approval of an attractive photo posted online; or ‘shifty eyes’ to convey a deceitful act.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

My first thought was that it meant it was time to look elsewhere.

http://emojipedia.org/eyes/

Eyes
A pair of eyes, glancing slightly to the left on most platforms. The Google version of this emoji previously showed only a single eye, despite the name of this character being eyes (plural).

Sometimes used to indicate ‘pervy eyes’ to indicate approval of an attractive photo posted online; or ‘shifty eyes’ to convey a deceitful act.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He meant "look the **** out. We're here."