Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Player and Recruit Retention News/Discussion & Potential Transfers

Hey guys I thought I would start a topic for all things concerning keeping our players and signed Recruits here for the next year.  I am of the opinion that even if we have the exodus of players we are expecting Bryant, OG and JBJ that we will have the pieces for a new coach to start building right away.  And frankly if I was Bryant or JBJ I would consider sticking around to see if the new coach could turn me into an NBA player.  

I'll update the OP as we get news about departures

Current Roster

• Curtis Jones - Officially returning for his sophomore year. 
  • James Blackmon Jr. - Entering Draft And signing with Agent. Bye JBJ best of luck at your next stop. Hopefully you can follow in Troys footsteps
  • Josh Newkirk - Returning per his father. 
  • OG Anunoby - Declaring for Draft and hiring an agent. Goodbye OG
  • Robert Johnson - Officially returning for his Senior year. 
  • Johnny Jager
  • Devonte Green - Officially returning for his Sophomore year. 
  • Juwan Morgan - Sources close to him indicate he will be returning!!!  Officially confirmed. 
  • Zach McRoberts
  • De'Ron Davis - HS Coach states De'ron is committed to IU and hopes new coach values him. 
  • Freddie McSwain Jr. - Officially returning. 
  • Quentin Taylor
  • Grant Gelon - Transferring out. 
  • Collin Hartman - He's Back. Back Again. Tell a friend. 
  • Thomas Bryant - Entering Draft and signing with an Agent. Goodbye TB maybe you will finally get a coach to teach you how to play for your size. 
  • Tim Priller

Signed Incoming Recruits

• Justin Smith - Has reaffirmed his committment to IU
  • Clifton Moore - Has Recommitted to IU
  • Al Durham -  Has Recommitted to IU

Potential Recruits

Race Thompson - Committed and Red Shirting

Nahziah Carter - Was committed to Archie at Dayton  

Davide Moretti - High Caliber Italian PG  

I know that Glass said yesterday we had already reached out to our incoming recruits, but I wish someone had asked if their scholarship offers were going to be honored.

However, I'm sure that would be up to the new coach and not the A.D.

Lastly, I wonder if we still have a shot at Jordan Tucker.  You'd have to think the right hire (Donovan) would make him still consider IU.

9 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I know that Glass said yesterday we had already reached out to our incoming recruits, but I wish someone had asked if their scholarship offers were going to be honored.

Lastly, I wonder if we still have a shot at Jordan Tucker.  You'd have to think the right hire (Donovan) would make him still consider IU.

Tucker's already announced that we're out of the picture.

14 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Not a great loss imo.  I do hope our next coach has a chance with Waters, but no clue if we will.  

Why would you want that asked? If FG even pauses a little or looks uncertain at that then that sends an uncertain message. If he says absolutely then later we change our mind you have boxed yourself into another corner.

Better to not have to comment on that right now. If we hire a guy like Donovan that hire may be late in the process and we may need bodies the first year.

As far as I'm concerned, if we get either Donovan or Stevens it won't matter who leaves. No doubt there are players on the current roster whose style of play or demeanor wouldn't mesh with either coach's approach. Either coach could compensate for the loss of talent with shear teaching skills, (especially Stevens), and I've got to believe could still bring in good recruits even late in the spring/summer. 

In the end, new coach, new beginning, renewed patience.