Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

Wow Dakich!

He mentioned to Katz in passing during their conversation on radio today casually that he later found out that one of the players on the team at the time he took over for Sampson was a pimp while on the team. I know Dakich likes to talk but given the nature of that team I don't doubt it at all. That's just a wow if true!

Edited by Aaron

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dakich has been mad online all day. For all we know he's just blowing smoke. 

I know he likes to talk but given the dynamics and the known issues with that team (drugs, academics, partying to much) I would not doubt it. He also said it in a way that sounded like he was being serious. He laughed and said it like he could not believe he went through that which is generally not the tone he uses when he is just talking and making things up for ratings.

Edited by Aaron

Kent Sterling just mentioned on his radio show that their was a pimp on Sampson's team so clearly Dakich was not making this up and it does not surprise me one bit given the characters on that team.

Kent Sterling just mentioned on his radio show that their was a pimp on Sampson's team so clearly Dakich was not making this up and it does not surprise me one bit given the characters on that team.

Sterling probably picked it up from Dakich's show.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:47 PM, Aaron said:

He mentioned to Katz in passing during their conversation on radio today casually that he later found out that one of the players on the team at the time he took over for Sampson was a pimp while on the team. I know Dakich likes to talk but given the nature of that team I don't doubt it at all. That's just a wow if true!

I heard that from a pretty reliable source.  I'd consider that....probably accurate.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

This may be true, or maybe not.  I still wish Dakich would show more restraint.  IU needs some good headlines, not this crap.  

IU has screwed things up.  The truth may help them get this one right.  Hiring Davis and replacing him with Sampson was absolutely idiotic.  That all but ruined the brand, and Dakich was the one who cleaned a lot of it up.  IU hired two straight horrible AD's, two straight horrible basketball coaches; and has not yet recovered.   Dakich, like him or not, has the best interest of IU in mind, and this is a classic "tear it down so you can build it up" scenario.

IU has screwed things up.  The truth may help them get this one right.  Hiring Davis and replacing him with Sampson was absolutely idiotic.  That all but ruined the brand, and Dakich was the one who cleaned a lot of it up.  IU hired two straight horrible AD's, two straight horrible basketball coaches; and has not yet recovered.   Dakich, like him or not, has the best interest of IU in mind, and this is a classic "tear it down so you can build it up" scenario.

Meeeeeehhh if Dakich had the university's best interests in mind, he wouldn't be lobbying for a guy with such a questionable moral past. Dakich cares about one thing and one thing only... Dakich.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This may be true, or maybe not.  I still wish Dakich would show more restraint.  IU needs some good headlines, not this crap.  

No one has ever used the words 'Dakich' and 'restraint' in the same sentence that did not include a negative ('no', 'none', 'not'). Dakich is too busy pimping his radio show.

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Meeeeeehhh if Dakich had the university's best interests in mind, he wouldn't be lobbying for a guy with such a questionable moral past. Dakich cares about one thing and one thing only... Dakich.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think "such a questionable moral past" is a bit of an overstatement; and I truly do think Dakich has IU's best interests at heart.  This search firm helped IU get Kelvin Sampson.  There was a guy with a questionable moral past.  Alford has one incident as far as I know, and also as far as I know, he owned it and apologized for it.   Maybe I don't know everything.  Entirely possible.  But I don't think for one minute that Dakich does not have IU's best interests at heart.