Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IU Candidate: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

3 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

If that is his dream still. Not so sure it is. 

I do think Donovan is the more likely. However, Stevens would surely listen. And one more thing to remember. Brad was offered when IU technically didn't have a job opening. Now they do. Up the ante on the offer on top of that and just maybe IU could get him

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again now... Money talks. I'm sure he enjoys his job now, but if we come at him with a large offer we're going to have his ear. I didn't think we had any shot but then I saw that he's only makin around $3.7 million a year. It's not like he's already making $6 million like Donovan. 

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

http://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/3/17/14964280/brad-stevens-boston-celtics-indiana-university

Ugh

Lock the thread up boys, nothing to see here anymore :(

Meh. Crimson quarry is fake news! They're still healing their broken hearts after seeing Crean got fired. 

Celtics just blew back to back 18+ point leads against the lakers (18) and clippers (28 points and lost by ELEVEN)

Media and fans are ready to run him out of town given their performance this season. So for those of you clamoring for Stevens....

https://twitter.com/SeanGrandePBP/status/1094438627453661191

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if we were in a coaching search, I still don't think the odds of him coming back to college ball are any where near guaranteed.  By all accounts he prefers coaching in the NBA over the 24/7 demands of coaching and recruiting.  Also, I'd imagine if the Celtics would fire him  there'd be many NBA teams eager to hire him.