Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IU Candidate: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, BtownBanner6 said:

Nope Harbaugh was fired ready and last I knew Urban was retired with what he said was a messed up back. Not sure on Meyer though.

I thought Harbaugh was still employed, but told he would be let go at the end of the year.  I coulda sworn he was technically still employed when he took the UM job.

1 minute ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Stevens currently makes $3.7M a year. He got an extension but the figures were undisclosed. If we are up near $5-6M. That will make Brad Stevens listen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 or 6?  I'd give him 7 or 8.

Yes, I would be willing to make him one of the highest paid coaches in the country.

Stevens currently makes $3.7M a year. He got an extension but the figures were undisclosed. If we are up near $5-6M. That will make Brad Stevens listen.

Man I thought he made more than that, It sounds like IU can actually make a run for Brad financially at least.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

I didn't know he was only at $3.7. If we doubled his salary that would definitely get his attention. More money at a much lower cost of living, not to mention his family being here? I think there might actually be a chance! 

I thought Harbaugh was still employed, but told he would be let go at the end of the year.  I coulda sworn he was technically still employed when he took the UM job.

I remember being gone, and interviewing for a few other NFL jobs at that time.

Just now, Hoosier Guy said:

I thought Crean would be fired

I thought he should be, but didn't think it would actually get done.  Phase 1 complete, let's get Phase two complete and then get this thing rolling again!

1 minute ago, BtownBanner6 said:

I thought it was all heresy?  You might be right though.  Too lazy to go look it up,  really don't care, just excited we are moving on as a program!

3 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Harbaugh and Michigan were negotiating during the NFL season. As soon as yhe season was over the 9ers and Harbaugh parted ways and he went to Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Harbaugh and Michigan were negotiating durimg the NFL season. As soon as yhe season was over the 9ers and Harbaugh parted ways and he went to Michigan. 

That's how I thought it went down.

I had always heard from those close to Stevens, that he would never discuss any job particularly Indiana as long as they had a coach. I was also told that if there were 10 guys on Indiana's list, Stevens was 1 thru 9. Who knows now?