Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IU Candidate: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Even if we were in a coaching search, I still don't think the odds of him coming back to college ball are any where near guaranteed.  By all accounts he prefers coaching in the NBA over the 24/7 demands of coaching and recruiting.  Also, I'd imagine if the Celtics would fire him  there'd be many NBA teams eager to hire him.

Danny Ainge is incredibly intelligent. I don’t think Steven’s seat is even warm in Boston. They’re still in a great position to make some big moves this off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Celtics just blew back to back 18+ point leads against the lakers (18) and clippers (28 points and lost by ELEVEN)

Media and fans are ready to run him out of town given their performance this season. So for those of you clamoring for Stevens....
 https://twitter.com/SeanGrandePBP/status/1094438627453661191

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that their problem is with the locker room issues created by Kyrie and his comments about these young guys. But they were able to do more with less last season

12 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Danny Ainge is incredibly intelligent. I don’t think Steven’s seat is even warm in Boston. They’re still in a great position to make some big moves this off-season.

I am pretty sure they got 3 first round picks this year.  Brad ain't going anywhere, anytime soon.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:12 AM, BGleas said:

One thing Danny Ainge and Wyc Grousbeck don’t do is fire coaches because of fan pressure. There is absolutely no way they would even entertain firing Stevens, they love him. 

As someone who doesn't follow the NBA, can a poster help me understand if Boston is going through another rebuild? Do you think Brad gets bored of the NBA knowing that his team will be going through a rebuild?

DO WE HAVE A SHOT?

4 hours ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

As someone who doesn't follow the NBA, can a poster help me understand if Boston is going through another rebuild? Do you think Brad gets bored of the NBA knowing that his team will be going through a rebuild?

DO WE HAVE A SHOT?

I have no idea what Stevens intentions are, but I can tell you the Celtics are not firing him. Danny and Wyc (the owner) love him and as I said, they don't make moves because of fan pressure. I worked for the team from 01-06 and the last two years fans were screaming for Doc Rivers to get fired. It was never even close to being considered. Danny and Wyc loved him and believed in him. Two years later with a better roster Doc coached them to a title. 

As far as the Celtics, no there is no rebuild. It will be an interesting summer though. The Celtics have a ton of assets and will be targeting Anthony Davis and Durant. The big issue though is Kyrie Irving. While he committed to resigning in Boston before the season, that seems to be much less of a certainty now. He doesn't seem too happy right now, but the problem is you need Kyrie to get Davis and/or Durant. 

Davis and/or Durant don't come without Kyrie being there. So, if Kyrie does leave then where does that leave the Celtics? Obviously you then keep Tatum/Brown and you have a ton of quality draft picks, but at that point you're probably not a true contender anymore. 

Boston/Kyrie are really the linchpin of the summer NBA market right now. But, two things 1) I'd be stunned if Stevens isn't the Celtics coach anymore and 2) Archie isn't going anywhere anyways. 

DO WE HAVE A SHOT?
Archie going somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Archie going somewhere?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm going to sound harsh. I love Archie and think he'll turn it around, but I'd replace Archie with Brad Stevens the exact millisecond that he became available. Even if Archie had just came off an Elite 8, I'd still let him go in favor of Brad Stevens. 

Side note, I'm not a fan of recency bias, which is why I thought that Crean should have been fired in 2014. People were too caught up in his S16 appearances to see the whole picture IMO.