Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IU Candidate: Mike White (University of Florida)

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1489690493.288854.jpg

Title : Head coach

Team: Florida

Conference: SEC

Record: 45–21 (.682)

Biographical details

Born: March 2, 1977 (age 40)

Dunedin, Florida

Playing career

1995–1999 Ole Miss

1999–2000 New Mexico Slam

2000 England

Position(s) Point guard

Coaching career (HC unless noted)

2000–2003 Jacksonville State (asst.)

2003–2004 Jacksonville State (assoc. HC)

2004–2011 Ole Miss (asst.)

2011–2015 Louisiana Tech

2015–present Florida

Head coaching record

Overall 146–61 (.705)

Tournaments NIT: 7–4

Accomplishments and honors

Championships

WAC regular season championship (2013)

2× C-USA regular season championship (2014, 2015)

Awards

USBWA District VII Coach of the Year (2013)

NABC District 6 Coach of the Year (2013)

WAC Don Haskins Coach of the Year (2013)

LABC Louisiana Major College Coach of the Year (2014) C-USA Gene Bartow Coach of the Year (2015)

NABC District 11 Coach of the Year (2015)

SEC Coach of the Year (2017)

Bump. 

Florida's AD Jeremy Foley retired recently. He retired after being at Florida for 40 years, the last 25 of which he's been the AD. I think it's going to be hard to find an AD with a successful hiring spree and overall success of him. 

Real quick run down on the hires he's made: 

Football - Spurrier, Meyer, McElwain and I'm giving the thumbs up to McElwain. I know he's been there two years and has two east titles in traditionally the toughest conference. Spurrier and Meyer are certainly two of the top 10 coaches of all time, right? I think that's fair. 

Basketball - Lon Kruger who's been national coach of the year at multiple programs, Billy Donovan there's nothing much to say there, and Mike White, well, I don't think anyone including myself knew much about Mike White. Mike White seems to be a really good hire pushing his team in year two into the final eight which is certainly much better than I gave him credit for. 

The other thing Foley has done is pulled the plug on bad hires fast so when he made mistakes with Muschamp and Zook he didn't waste any time and got rid of them quickly. 

Florida has 36 national titles and Foley has been the AD for 27 of those including winning one in each different sport in the last 7 years. 

Anyways, I think AD's get hammered a lot. I'm not particularly a Florida fan. I'm not even a huge Florida fan but I think you gotta give this guy a lot of credit. I looked that up this weekend and thought man, Mike White is good coach and it's look like he has another Billy Donovan on his hands again. There's a guy with a plan.

53 minutes ago, VeevlandBrowns said:

Bump. 

Florida's AD Jeremy Foley retired recently. He retired after being at Florida for 40 years, the last 25 of which he's been the AD. I think it's going to be hard to find an AD with a successful hiring spree and overall success of him. 

Real quick run down on the hires he's made: 

Football - Spurrier, Meyer, McElwain and I'm giving the thumbs up to McElwain. I know he's been there two years and has two east titles in traditionally the toughest conference. Spurrier and Meyer are certainly two of the top 10 coaches of all time, right? I think that's fair. 

Basketball - Lon Kruger who's been national coach of the year at multiple programs, Billy Donovan there's nothing much to say there, and Mike White, well, I don't think anyone including myself knew much about Mike White. Mike White seems to be a really good hire pushing his team in year two into the final eight which is certainly much better than I gave him credit for. 

The other thing Foley has done is pulled the plug on bad hires fast so when he made mistakes with Muschamp and Zook he didn't waste any time and got rid of them quickly. 

Florida has 36 national titles and Foley has been the AD for 27 of those including winning one in each different sport in the last 7 years. 

Anyways, I think AD's get hammered a lot. I'm not particularly a Florida fan. I'm not even a huge Florida fan but I think you gotta give this guy a lot of credit. I looked that up this weekend and thought man, Mike White is good coach and it's look like he has another Billy Donovan on his hands again. There's a guy with a plan.

Spurrier and Kruger were hired by Bill Arnsparger. Still a darn impressive career.