Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IU Candidate: Dane Fife (Michigan State Asst.)

Really Stu? I'd definitely give him a chance, but you don't think this would be Too much to handle? IPFW doesn't really count as a full 5 years to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

What are my choices?
Better than Crean, Alford, Hoiberg, anyone over 50 not named Billy.

Wouldn't be my 1st choice for sure, but I guess since he's about sixth on my list, I could get excited about him as a homegrown dice roll.

Just another FWIW.   Series of tweets from Terry Hutchens earlier today.   He got briefly engaged in a minor twitter battle with his original tweet that former players had brought up Fife's name.    [Certainly glad it was Fife and not Alford]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Terry Hutchens‏ @IndySportsHutch  1

Terry Hutchens Retweeted SitUbuSit

More than that, he recruits Indiana for Izzo. And what all of these guys say about Fife is that no one works any harder than he does.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Terry Hutchens‏ @IndySportsHutch 

It's too bad you all lose your minds at a simple name thrown out there suggested to me by former IU All-Americans and national champs.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Terry Hutchens Retweeted Kyle Dunne

I'm comfortable in my skin but thanks. Not expecting them to bad mouth but found it interesting they brought up his name on their own.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All I'm saying is that @CoachDaneFife is someone who should get an interview. And players I've talked to were ones who brought it up.

+++++++++++++++

Terry Hutchens Retweeted Blake

The former players I've talked to today couldn't disagree with you more.

Terry Hutchens added,

Blake @Shirkfce

@IndySportsHutch @CoachDaneFife To alienate fanbase more? Fans want a proven coach. Bring Fife on as assistant to someone he respects.

+++++++++++++++++++

After thinking about this more & talking to former IU players, you would have to think that @CoachDaneFife is a name to consider for IU job.

Thinking Fife deserves the Indiana job at this time is laughable to be honest.

He might be the next savant but his IPFW days don't suggest that. I do know it's IPFW but the current coach is doing much better.

As an assistant I'd be over the moon.

Let's be honest, these recruits are committing to Izzo with a side dish of Fife.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fife is further down the list for me but I would love to see him as an assistant. If the head coach is offensive minded--let Fife run the defense. If we strike out on the homerun hire --I could live with Fife instead of most other mid-major coaches with better records. He is going to be a top coach someday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

For all those who have said he has been an assistant for Tom Izzo so he has learned under the best...Wasn't Crean an assistant under Izzo? Sorry I may have missed this in previous posts, the wife is gone for a week and I have 3 daughters so I'm just trying to survive!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

From HoopDirt

Interesting day at Duquesne. Earlier today, I mentioned that Monmouth head coach King Rice was “on fire” at Duquesne. Apparently it was just a small kitchen fire, and was extinguished quickly. He is not involved at Duquesne any more, but two new names are surfacing – Vermont head coach and Michigan State assistant coach Dane Fife.

Becker led the Catamounts to the America East Championship and a 29-6 record this past season. Fife has been on Tom Izzo’s staff for the past six seasons, and was the head coach at IPFW before that.

Interesting tidbit here…Fife is represented by Will Reece. The search is being run Bob Beaudine. History shows that Reece clients tend to get Beaudine jobs (hmmmm…). More on this one as I hear it.